Any Panasonic RA71 Owners ?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by PaulBoy, Dec 2, 2001.

1. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    I have the above DVD-A player and have been very impressed with the DVD-A sound and the picture quality but I have a few issues with what I consider are some failings (or it could be I havent worked out how to do these things?)
    When you select the On Screen Menus and go to the Track Data why can I only see the Total Elapsed Time for the DVD (or CD) ?
    My old player let you display the Chapter Time Elapsed or Remaining as well as the Total Remaining Time for the DVD ...

I have also taken Panasonic to task over their incorrect Web Specification (and all the Retailers show this as well) that the RA71 has CD / DVD Text ... After several weeks of head scratching Panasonic have admitted that the RA71 DOES NOT have CD Text (and that DVD Text doesnt exist yet!) Despite me reminding them at evey opportunity their UK web site still list under "Convenience Features" CD/DVD Text ... This may sound rather petty but when I was deciding which player to buy at around £500 there were only three real choices and I took stuff like convenience features into consideration B4 deciding on the RA71 ... Oh well - live & learn

Any help with the query above would be appreciated ... Paul

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    I've got a RA71, very pleased with it although I don't use it for CD playback and I have yet to find a DVD A that yelled out "Buy Me".
    Right, I've played a CD and it gives you elapsed time(track), time remaining(track) and time remaining(disc).
    I can't help you with a DVD A of course since like I said I've never seen one worth buying:(

3. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    SB - Thanks 4 that - Can you get the same when U play a DVD and if yes how ?
    TIA ~ Paul ;)

4. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Tried the same with a DVD and only getting the total elapsed time, it looks like the player treats a DVD as a single track and ignores the chapters.
    Even though the flaw/eccentricity doesn't bother me it does seem strange.

5. PaulBoy

PaulBoy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +87
    Thanks SB I'm glad its not me cracking up ... Strange that a £500 player cant do these simple things my old players could but that's progress for U ...
    I find it hard to believe U havent spotted a DVD-A you fancy ? R U into morris dancing music or something as only the mainstream (Rock classical jazz etc) seems to be catered for so far ...
    Regards ... Paul ;)