1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any panasonic 42HD8s in glasgow area-ish

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by johnhy, Oct 11, 2005.

1. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    I've got a good price offered by Alastair from AV sales but would really like to see one in action.so does anyone know any shops, dealers anywhere within 1 -2 hrs drive even of Glasgow.
    Before anyone points out I could have went to the sound and vision show just there and seen one- I had planned to but my wee girl wasn't well so even my research in to this went on the backburner. so any help would be gr8 :lease:

2. Adrenochrome

Adrenochrome

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +207
    If you are going to buy it from AV Sales do you not think it is a little unfair "using" a different dealer to demo it?

Adrenochrome.

3. maxl

maxl

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Not if its already on display. I "used" Currys and Comet several times before making my decision. If the kit is already set up and on display then fine. To be honest, I would have no problem either in asking a sales person at an alternative outlet to give me a demo of the kit.. its their job :)

I haven't yet seen a PWD8 or PHD8 in action. I made by decision based upon reviews, comments and photo's on this forum. I have compared it to the likes of an in store PV500 etc which I think is a close comparison.

4. badkarma

badkarma

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +234
    johnhy,

You could try the shop@panasonic in Paisley. Bought my PV500 there, no probs. They might even price match AV Sales as they price matched JL inc 5 yr warrany with my set. Worth a try.

Cheers

5. astro

astro
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    What kind of deal did you get with AV sales johny if you don't mind me asking? I too am in the Glasgow area, and contemplating buying this beast! Did you find a shop that stocks it?

Cheers

Astro

6. johnhy

johnhy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +101
    i don't think youre allowed to put actual figures on here but if you email them and say you got in touch via the forum they give you a good price.
    No still not seen one around Glasgow- the panasonic shops only deal with the normal plasmas as far as I know not the commercial ones eg 42PHD8.
    I don't even want to play about with one as such just actually to see it would be enough to see if it'll look ok in our living room.
    If I can't see one I'm just going to go down the 42PV500 route I think.