1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any owners of the 37" Sharp LCD?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by rct, Mar 19, 2004.

1. rct

rct

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi there, I finally may get a room that I can use as a home cinema soon and I'm looking for a flat display.

I was hoping I could get some comments from any owners of the 37" panel (either the DTV one or the other one). I've seen that quite a few have had experience with the 30" model but I didn't notice anyone with a 37" one. I'm considering this panel along with others, but please don't try and convince me to buy a plasma - I am considering them as well but for now I just would like comments from owners of this panel or those with experience of it.

In particular I was wondering how it copes with:

movement; football, cricket etc.

low bitrate digital broadcasts

I was also wondering whether the overscan problems have been sorted out and if not whether they can be corrected via the service menu (I understand that this wasn't possible with the 30" panel). Presumably this one should suffer less as they won't be compensating for the fact that the panel isn't 16:9 as with the 30". If overscan is an issue, has anyone had a look with DVE or similar to see how much it is (5% 10% etc.)?

Sorry for the long post, I'd appreciate any help with this.

:)