Any others bored of their psp??

Discussion in 'Playstation Forums' started by tom_g, Aug 24, 2005.

1. tom_g

tom_g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    there are so few decent games available at the moment it's shocking. :thumbsdow

so far i have ridgeracer, lumines, wipeout and hotshots.
    nothing else looks interesting or has had good enough reviews to warrent a purchase. i have come to this conclusion after my mom's gone to new york today and my initial reaction was 'oh yeah, i can get a new imported psp game' but then i started looking and there aren't any worth getting!

burnout maybe. i really want a decent platformer.

is this possibly one of the worst successful console launches ever?
    by that i mean that the psp has sold in many units, yet the software isn't available.

the snes emulator has kept me the most occupied so far.

i am worried that nearly all psp games will just be ps2 ports offering little in the way of new gaming experiences.

the psp is truely a god-send on the occasions when i'm away from a home console and need to pass some time tho.

that's it, rant over :devil:

(side note- anyone know how much psp's and games are in ny with the sales tax?)

2. chrislad

chrislad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +145
    Very few consoles have strong launches. The PS2s one sucked as did the Xbox and GC for that matter. There's a number of strong titles, such as Burnout and GTA out before the year is over, but yes, there's a shortage of decent titles at the moment

3. capt_janeway

capt_janeway

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +11
    Not even played a game on mine yet...........use it for films and music travelling to and from work.

Am a bit cackhanded so games not my thing anyway.....but will have a bash at a decent golf game

4. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    i'm no way bored of my psp. i was afraid when i got it that i only wanted it cos it was a cool gadget and that it wouldn't get used - but i'm totally addicted! I love hot shots golf - one of the most addictive games i've played since goldeneye or occarina of time on the n64, and that was aaaages ago!

5. o THE CHAD o

o THE CHAD o

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +83
    surely theres a few european launch titles that tickle your fancy?

mind you i do know what you mean,i went to buy a psp from lik-sang last week.but to get free delivery you have to buy a game at the same time.
    i went through the game section and didnt fancy any of them.

so ive postponed my psp purchase till christmas time when there will be a wealth of games available ie pes5,gta liberty shores,virtua tennis etc.

and as for the ps2 launch,i bought a ps2 and didnt buy a game for it until pro evo came out!!!!

6. peahead

peahead

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Ive boxed mine up last week still unsure if i should sell it or not got bored after a while.

7. Bogside

Bogside

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +420
    Well I'm looking to buy one if you do get fed up?

8. Miyazaki

Miyazaki

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +850
    I just have wipeout for mine and don't really play it.

As I don't have a ps2, I will be using it to play the likes of pro evo 5

9. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8,553
    I first had a PSP in January and after the first 2 or 3 weeks it stayed in its Box until April when I sold it on and bought a cheap US PSP (wanted R1 for UMD) and again I played it for 2 or 3 weeks (due to new games like Wipeout) but since then I have only taken it out of the Box to show it to my brother, havent played any games on it for months and I am seriously starting to think about selling it but I will hold out to see what games get released later in the year.

10. drskhaled

drskhaled

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +108
    Hmm maybe i wont be so gutted if there out of stock on 1/9/5. I actually wasnt planning on getting the thing due to Sony's bullyboy antics but after playing on a mates import version i decided to get one (I'm a bit of a gadget freak). From what i gather Lumines and hotshot golf are the two games highly rated, (wipeout as well but depends if you like futuristic racers).
    I am woried about the dirth of games on psp but with ps3 so far away i reckon over the next few months theres gonna be some major emphasis on psp software from sony. And i hope someone cracks firmware 2.0 so i can get some emulators going.

11. jinky32

jinky32

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    drskhaled, why hope for a 2.00 crack when you can buy 1.50 on ebay? cheaper than UK release price too most probably. no brainer :suicide: as they say!

12. samhain

samhain

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +128
    Remember chaps, many generally accept that you buy a handheld for portability reasons.

If you don't go anywhere, and have a PS2, Xbox, PC, Game Cube at home, why would you need a PSP.

Buy it because you think you will use it.

13. hughesy

hughesy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    I love mine!!!! And am no way bored of it!!! :thumbsup:

14. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    There isnt a lot due soon in either Japan or the US yet either, yet alone the UK, get some homebrew stuff running on it to keep you going till something catches you're interest

15. tom_g

tom_g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    yeah it's lucky there's a snes emulator out really or mine would have probably been boxed up by now.

i basically don't want to be just playing ps2 ports, re-treading old ground ........ i want some new gaming experiences.

vitrua tennis is on the horizon tho.

16. BuFF DaDDy

BuFF DaDDy

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +146
    I love my PSP had it for a few weeks US version, have a few UMD movies that I didnt have on DVD and 8 games now, brought a 1gb card and never looked back since, always load it with movies when im staying away on business in hotels. Cant beat it and the quality of software will only get better. Wipeout pure and Ridge Racer are superb, like holding a PS2 it takes your breath away

17. Tracy Whitelaw

Tracy Whitelaw

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I love my PSP too and I've had it for a couple of months now.
    I'm mainly playing Hot Shots golf, Death Jr. and Ridge Racer but they're really keeping me happy, despite me having all the main consoles also, it's just so handy.

There seems to be a lot of releases at launch for it over here, I was surprised at how many actually, never thought I'd be interested in any of the UK launch titles but Virtua Tennis looks interesting.

My poor little DS is gathering a bit of dust at present.. damn Death Jr and Hot Shots Golf! :D

18. Tetlee

Tetlee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,775
    Hot Shots golf is a fantastic game, sadly the only game that I've so far decided to keep. Even Ridge Racer & Wipeout Pure failed to get me hooked and ended up being sold way too soon for their own good. I've just ordered Colin McRae Rally, always prefered gravel & mud to tarmac and I'm just praying it becomes my second keeper. TBH there aren't many PSP games on the horizon that I'm bothered about, hopefully that'll change when we get closer to chrismas.

19. aligebes

aligebes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I went through a phase where I was bored of it, but have recently been using it alot for Tiger Woods Golf, Spiderman 2 and Ridge Racer. I have also used it a the train station and some Airport lounges to surf the net.

Have ordered several items from Ebay yesterday for it, such as a Logitech Playgear Case, Twisted Metal and an enhanced battery pack for it.

I will not be making the same mistake as I did when I had the PS2 when it first came out, I sold it due to the lack of games and soon regretted it.

20. tom_g

tom_g
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    there's some talk about the way the psp is just generally getting ps2 ports in this month's edge magazine in the gta preview....

21. CrispyXUK

CrispyXUK

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +45
    It'll get quite a few with the ps3 on the horizon