1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

any other reasonable method ?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nicke20, Nov 3, 2004.

1. nicke20

nicke20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    this is my plan !
    I have a pioneer 656a, sky+, have on order a yamaha dspax 750se and plan to get a panny6 plasma,
    to connect these together i will component out from the dvd player into the amp, rgb scart out of the sky+ into a jstech converter to component then into the amp and then component from the amp to the plasma. Now i understand that the dvd player will do prog scan on ntsc ( and the newer version will do pal aswell) but should I be trying to de interlace the sky feed aswell ? is there a box that converts the scart to component and deinterlaces ( that will not cost an arm and a leg) or is there a point that you cant improve on the sky+ picture any more. the plasma purchase hangs on this point because we will be watching sky for 90% of its time in use and would hate to have an awfull image.

2. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Try it 1st, you might well be completely happy with this setup, most are. Otherwise prepare to see the last of your arms and legs