Any opinions on which of these is better?

steve1221

My wife's been offered either the Pansonic LUMIX TZ10 or the Sony DSC-HX5V as replacement for a Samsung she bought in Jan and which has never work properly.

Anyone have a view as which is the better apart from one having a 10x zoom and the other a 12x.

A quick scan of the review sites puts them on a pair as far as I can see.

But in real use is one any better than the other ??

icemanonline

Distinguished Member
My wife's been offered either the Pansonic LUMIX TZ10 or the Sony DSC-HX5V as replacement for a Samsung she bought in Jan and which has never work properly.

Anyone have a view as which is the better apart from one having a 10x zoom and the other a 12x.

A quick scan of the review sites puts them on a pair as far as I can see.

But in real use is one any better than the other ??
Well if it was me I like the Sony. But the Panny gets cracking feedback also.

I think as has been said lots of times on here, if you can have a wee play with both and you will soon workout what 1 is best for You :D

icemanonline

shotokan101

Distinguished Member
TZ10 is a great little all rounder :smashin:

JIm

Johnmcl7

Distinguished Member
The simple answer I'd say is neither are better as both cameras have strengths and weaknesses which means it's a case of choosing which suits you better. I think cameralabs do a good job summarizing the two cameras as well as explaining the features in detail:

Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX5 review: verdict, Sony HX5 vs Panasonic TZ10 / ZS7 vs Canon SX210 IS | Cameralabs

I think Sony's software tricks with the hand held twilight mode and the sweep panorama are both useful to have while the Panasonic has the advantage of a better screen which doesn't sound like much but I find the 230K screens look quite poor compared to the 460K+ screens.

John

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Reported HDMI 2.1 bugs, Audiolab Amp & LG LED Projector reviews + Best of the Month
Top Bottom