Any opinions on the Pioneer DV-340???

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by samhassall, Jun 21, 2001.

1. samhassall

samhassall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone bought a Pioneer DV-340 yet?

What do they think of it?

I have one and I'm really enjoying mine, and was interested to find out how others have found theirs. :)

2. wazz

wazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I too have recently got one,but im haveing problems with the picture.I find the colour to soft and muted as my tv has no s video and the machine has no rgb scart out.Sound is great especially the dts.ive posted a note asking for help with my image problem.any help appreciated.

3. samhassall

samhassall

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    My TV has S-Video inputs, and the image quality is exceptional for the money, and I totally agree with you on the sound quality. Even with Audio CD's it sounds fine, it doesn't stand up to my Teac VRDS1 CD player of course, but as a budget CD player it is fine.

Is there any way you can upgrade to a new TV with S-Video?

Or you could go for an RGB to S-video convertor from someone like Lektropaks. These aren't too expensive, but I'm not sure on how good the quality is.

If a new TV is too big an outlay, then take the Pioneer back and swap it for a DVD player with an RGB Scart, hopefully the shop you bought it from will be understanding.

Hope this helps.