1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any opinions on the PHD8 and the 436XDE yet?

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by nheather, Sep 10, 2005.

1. nheather

nheather
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4,547
    Now that these two long awaited sets are beginning to hit the streets have any of the very experienced and knowledgeable readers had chance to view and compare them.

I would be very interested to hear them.

In a hours time I'm off to town where it's rumoured that my local Sevenoaks has a 436. But they don't have a PHD8 and to be honest unless they are sat next to each other I don't have the skill to do objective comparisons.

Thanks,

Nigel

2. Sulis

Sulis
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I think you'll have to wait a bit longer...

3. Pagnobito

Pagnobito

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    My local has the 436XDE, just came in yesterday, and was setup and running when I visited. They only had that and a Yamaha screen.
    From what I have seen of the 435XDE when I was looking a little while ago the 436 is much better.
    Pioneer have fixed the pixelation noticeable around players on the football/cricket field, the colour is astounding, and this was all on a freeview signal.
    I did not see it running HD, however I have booked a couple of hours to audition the screen and some speakers that I am thinking of buying in the next few weeks.
    They have a decent sale on, which is a percentage off of anything you buy, up to 20% for a 5K spend so that means I can budget for 6.5K worth of kit for my 5K cash!
    The 436XDE is the best screen I have seen for freeview, and I can't wait to see it hooked up to a HD DVD player.