1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any opinions on the Mission 702e floorstanders?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Speakers' started by gram99, May 22, 2002.

1. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    1st post so Hi everybody :p

I am thinking about replacing my Mission 700s with a pair of floorstanders. My budget is only £100 and the 702e are £90. I have read mixed reviews about them so anybody here got any experience with them and is there anything else at a similar price?

cheers

2. john87

john87

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ownly just got rid of a pair of the 702e's and I would highly reccomend them.

They are powerful and dynamic though the bass is a bit slow, but for the price they are outstanding.

Another option you may want to go for would be to keep your standmounters and get a Paradigm PDR-10. Others will tell you more about this option.

3. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I already have a Paradigm PDR-8, so enough bass. I just hope they are worth upgrading to.

4. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I currently use 702e's as my surrounds and also used them as fronts before upgrading to M74's.
    I've found these to be very good speakers for the price, and out of the floorstanders in RS for £100 or under I would say that they are the pick of the bunch.
    A word of warning if they don't have them in stock don't let the sales guy blag you into buying the Eltac 5+ telling you how much better they are because my friend fell for this and it is not the case, but that is only my option.

Samir

5. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I ended up getting the 720e from RS. I am just playing with them just now. How do I bi-wire them? Do i attatch two sets of cables to A+B on my amp?

6. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just put one set of cable to the left and right HF and one set from the Left and right LF. Then bind the two lefts and two rights together and connect to A on your amp.

Samir

Missions sound so much better when Biwired. :)

7. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    there is not much room! Can I connect them to A+B to spread them out more?

8. Samir

Samir

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Gram
    I know that's it's tight. I've got the same problem going into my Denon 3802. But by using banana plug this helped as the cable is not going directly into the binding post.
    One solution is to use a thinner cable such QED Silver An.
    What is your current set up and what cables are you using?

Samir
    But it is worth it.

9. gram99

gram99

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have the Denon 1802 with the standard cables from RS. I have connected the cables to both A+B terminal amd then to the speakers, I assume I must be bi-wiring now because if I listen with only A or B I get two tottaly different sounds which I assume is the LF and HF? They seem to sound a bit tighter with the Bi-Wiring?