1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any opinions on the Canon S50???

Discussion in 'Photography Forums' started by SpiderManPants, Jul 10, 2003.

1. SpiderManPants

SpiderManPants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm thinking of getting one of these, yet they don't seem to be very popular on the forums. Do you all know something I don't?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

SMP

2. nunew33

nunew33
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Lytham St Annes, where people are put out to grass
    Ratings:
    +2
    I have the S45 which is exactly the same minus 1Megapixel. And its the bees knees for what it is. When the S45 first came out it was a class leader, the other manufacturers have caught up, but it doesnt detract from what is a very good camera.

Has all the manual controls you need, has all the metering modes, focusing modes, excellent White balance functions. Very fast at revieiwing, very fast zoom to look at detail.

On down side bit limited on aperture, but thats what you get on a compact. Its limited in terms of adding on filters (unlike Canon A40/60/70 and G3/5) has no hotshoe for external flash. But other than that its a very good camera.

Would I buy it again given the choice available now? Yes I think I would, havent been disappointed and have certainly upped my hit rate regarding quality of shots over my old EOS50 SLR

Have a look at www.powershot.com and follow the bebit link for all the information you could possibly need.

The really neet feature is that it has themes much like Windows. The Chimp theme is worth the effort of oading up and using!!!

3. Vaughn

Vaughn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Had my S50 (my first digi-camera) for about 4 months now, and taken more pics with it in that time than I took on film over the past 10 years!

Absolutely no problems with it at all, and very pleased with the results. Also invested in a Canon i950 printer and the A4 prints are outstanding!

If there's something specific you want to know about the S50, let me know.

Regards, Vaughn