Any Only Fools and Horses Fans Out There?

T

tmark938

I have been a fan of Only Fools and Horses for years, and it has to be the best Comedy Program EVER!!

Del Boy and the family got into some great scrapes, but always seemed to get out of them in one peice........lol

Any more fans out there?

MB

Any more fans out there?

Hell yes! I'm sure there are loads of fans on here! They don't make shows like this anymore. A shame really.

You bet!!!

One of my all time favourite shows, if nothings on the box i know i can always pop in my video :eek: of the chandelear falling and i'll be alright :thumbsup: .

oh yes :thumbsup: my fave ever was the blow up dolls :rotfl: or the batman and robin :rotfl: or.........

I love it, I usually catch a little bit of an episode every night. It has some classic moments and the two part and Christmas specials are hilarious, Jolly Boys outing, To Hull and back and off course the Bat Man and Robin scene.

10-20 years ago it was funny, but now it's VERY dated and I just can't bear watching it anymore. The last few 'xmas specials' were dreadful :thumbsdow

Why on earth do they still show it in prime time slots :confused:

Along with Open All Hours, My Family and most soaps on TV today, it's one of those TV progs that has me reaching for the remote as soon as I hear the theme tune!

Kevo said:
...The last few 'xmas specials' were dreadful :thumbsdow
Agree - they shouldn't have brought it back for those three dire episodes, as it ended perfectly in 1996 imho

Kevo said:
Why on earth do they still show it in prime time slots :confused:

Just look at the audience figures to see why. :thumbsup:

Sadly, there's just nothing like it being produced today. :(

The last of the series was the perfect ending for the Trotters and a nice memory to be left with. They spoiled that.:(

Totally right Garrett. As far as I'm concerned the series ended when they finally got their millions.

I have ignored and trying to blank from my memory the unfunny christmas 'special' trilogy they made.

The last trilogy was a mistake, it would have worked if they had all been funney but the only one that was up to the quality of the old eps was the middle one with Gary in.

Garrett said:
The last of the series was the perfect ending for the Trotters and a nice memory to be left with. They spoiled that.:(

Couldn't agree more, but then how many programme producers manage to resist going to the well one time too many!

ipod crazy said:
The last trilogy was a mistake, it would have worked if they had all been funney but the only one that was up to the quality of the old eps was the middle one with Gary in.

Without giving away too much-Is this the one where the chap gets trapped into the lorry and they bring him home??:D

BTW who did you like more - Grandad or Uncle Albert?, thinking back for me it has to be Uncle Albert

"Royal Flush"

Del at his brilliant best.

Adz

drunkenmaster said:
BTW who did you like more - Grandad or Uncle Albert?, thinking back for me it has to be Uncle Albert
That's a hard one. Quite telling that the last 3 episodes obviously without the late Buster Merryfield, were pretty awful (even the 'Gary!' one in my view).

interestingly I found this on Lennard Pearce's IMDb biography (www.imdb.com/name/nm0668970/bio):
Pearce died during the filming of the fourth series of "Only Fools And Horses" in 1984, and most of the episodes had to be re-shot in 1985, with Buster Merryfield replacing him.
- does anyone know if these have been released as deleted scenes on an OFAH DVD?

... and now for some other OFAH trivia from IMDb (www.imdb.com/title/tt0081912/trivia):

* Over a dozen Reliant Robins (the three-wheeled vans) were used during the series.

* Kenneth MacDonald (who played Mike) died the same day as it was announced that a new trilogy would be made.

* John Sullivan wrote every episode.

* David Jason was cast as Del Boy after the producers saw him in "Open All Hours" (1973).

* Jim Broadbent was originally cast to play Del Boy, but after David Jason auditioned, he was instead cast as DCI Roy "the slag" Slater. Enn Reitel had also been considered for the role of Del.

* Crew members would often find filming outside (often in Bristol, 130 miles from the Trotters' "home" in Peckham, south east London) a tough challenge due to the amount of people who would turn up just to watch and catch a glimpse of the actors.

* The original ending (in 1996) was that Del, Rodney and Uncle Albert become cartoon characters as they walked into the sunset. The director, however, decided against this idea.

* Athough the show continued until 1996, and then between 2001-2003, the last actual series ended with the episode "Three Men, A Woman & A Baby" which aired on 3 February 1991. All episodes made since have been Christmas specials.

drunkenmaster said:
Without giving away too much-Is this the one where the chap gets trapped into the lorry and they bring him home??:D

Thats the one, my fave was uncle albert but grandad was still really good.

Another fave episode was the jolly boys outing to margate

ipod crazy said:
Thats the one, my fave was uncle albert but grandad was still really good.
They were both lovable quirky characters, and very different too; very well realised by both actors. Replacement characters (esp. of well loved ones) usually flop, clearly not here though :thumbsup:.

Absolutely brilliant show

It was always a must in my house growing up and we absolutely loved it! I agree that the last 3 specials were not a good idea and it should have ended when they won the millions. That was a cracking episode (the auction)

Not going to choose between "Grandad" and "Uncle" - both were excellent!

krish72 said:
The original ending (in 1996) was that Del, Rodney and Uncle Albert become cartoon characters as they walked into the sunset. The director, however, decided against this idea.

Pity they didn't stick with that ending, but I see that's being covered in a different thread.

Anyone tell me where the best place to get the US box sets from as cheaply as possible and WITHOUT risk of customs

HUGE fan and belive the US sets are without many of the cuts that the R2 DVDs have - such as cuts for music licencing reasons and cuts for language

DuncanWardle said:
... believe the US sets are without many of the cuts that the R2 DVDs have - such as cuts for music licencing reasons and cuts for language

I know there was a copyright problem with some of the music, but what's this about language cuts? :eek:

Remember, these were family shows back in the eighties, so where was the problem?

Tight Git said:
I know there was a copyright problem with some of the music, but what's this about language cuts? :eek:

Remember, these were family shows back in the eighties, so where was the problem?
they've removed some dated racist language
- I clearly remember the terms Pakis/**** shop etc being used by Del boy and Rodney in a fair number of episodes up until the late 80s

- not amusing, and was never challenged

I clearly remember the terms Pakis/**** shop etc being used by Del boy and Rodney in a fair number of episodes up until the late 80s

I have heard that on uktv gold repeats recently.

The episode "A Royal Flush" is said to have 17+ minutes removed for various reasons - it is however supposed to be uncut on R1

Belive they have 2 boxsets just need to know where to get them from

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom