1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one in the UK using Clipsal C-Bus?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Building DIY' started by michaelcarey, Jul 20, 2004.

1. michaelcarey

michaelcarey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi Everybody,
    The title says it all.
    Clipsal make a lighting control system called C-Bus, first developed in Adelaide, South Australia. I notice that CIS (Clipsal Integrated Systems) have a presence in the UK. Looking through their catalogue, I see english pattern key input plates.
    I have installed C-Bus and Clipsal HomeMinder automation in my home, first in my home theatre and now slowly throughout the rest. I'm lucky enough to know several of the hardware and software developers at CIS, they are only a couple hundred Km away. The Clipsal House in Adelaide is packed with all the latest home automation and AV equipment, hours of fun!!
    What other lighting control systems are popular in the UK??
    Regards,
    Michael.

2. KW1816

KW1816

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +14
    It's getting quite popular with some of the Home automation guys.
    We're about to move and I'm thinking of installing it in our new house instead of X-10 - just got to work out how it will fit in with Homeseer first :rolleyes:

Have a look at C-Bus shop and Automated home .

Just don't look at the prices :laugh:

Cheers
    Kevin.

3. michaelcarey

michaelcarey

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess I'm a bit lucky because I know the Clipsal guys fairly well. Because I am "in the trade" I get a good price already. I have a good assortment of stuff to play with. I recenty purchsed a "Saturn" key input unit for use by my front door, it looks fantastic. Glass facia, dual colour indicators in the keys, very smart indeed.
    I'm looking forward to some of the new wireless stuff, and the colour touch screen later this year.

4. jamie_lunn

jamie_lunn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  5. benwillcox

benwillcox

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +22
    I'd love to use this stuff in my house, but at £130 for a single light switch I'd rather hire a butler to switch my lights on and off for me!!

I've got my eye on their 2 and 3 row DIN rail enclosures though, I wonder if they would fit X10 DIN rail modules..... :D

Ben