any one here familiar with ffdshow + theartertek for upscaling DVD`s ?

Discussion in 'Projectors, Screens & Video Processors' started by jamieuk23, Mar 19, 2006.

1. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
    Hi There I am in the middle of making my own home cinema PC to put in my front room with my PJ.

I have downloaded and installed theartertek software which I notice allows you to use ffdshow or Nvidia for video processing

I take using ffdshow as the main processor will produce better Quality and allow me to upscale standard DVD`s to 720p which is the native resolution off my PJ ??

One thing that does confuse me is that there is loads of diffrent options in ffdshow configuration..

can you advise me on what I will need to change in the ffdshow configuration to produce best Quality + upscale DVD`s to 720p ???

thanks !!

:thumbsup:

2. Oakleyspatz

Oakleyspatz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +237
  3. jamieuk23

jamieuk23
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +26
  4. theritz

theritz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    ...your graphics card does the up-scaling, not ffdshow. ffdshow is a video post-processor. it processes each of the frames of the video image which have been read by the software player (in your case, theatertek). You could do any (or no) "resize" in ffdshow, or not use ffdshow at all, and still have your pc sending an image to your projector scaled at its native resolution.

If it wasn't for the pc's ability to send an image pixel matched with your projector, there'd be litle or no point in using one as a dvd player.

S.