1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any one had experience of this TV or company

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by thanley, Jul 11, 2005.

1. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
  2. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They are based in Reading. I'd give them a call and see if you can drop in and have a demo!

Otherwise the old addage of "if something appears too good to be true, it very often is!" may apply!

Dave

3. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I live round Bromley so a trip to reading would be a little diffiicult.. pity as it looks good on paper.. and comes with a 3yr warranty.. this whole busines of buying a new TV is doing my head in.. so many options and considerations to consider.. ho hum! :rolleyes:

4. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Just picked this up on another thread: click here

The res seems a more realistic 1366x768!

Dave

:oops: I got the size wrong!, sorry

5. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

ClearDragon is my company. The site officially goes live tomorrow and you will see our ads on this forum.

If you want to see what existing customers think, take a look at our eBay shop and the feedback so far.

http://feedback.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=cleardragon_uk&item=-1&frm=1883

Our prices include free delivery in the UK only. All televisions are returnable within 2 weeks if there's any problem, though you pay post and packaging unless there is a technical fault.

Thanks for mentioning my site.

Patrick

6. Iggy21UK

Iggy21UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  7. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So can you confirm the resolution is 1920x1080 on the 37"?

Thanks

Dave

8. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Hi Patrick
    Could you confirm if the res of the 37" LCD is 1920x1080 like it says on your site.
    Thanks
    :thumbsup:

edit: Davep you took the words right out my mouth ;)

9. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Not right now. The CMO 37" screen has amazing resolution but the entire stock is sold out. I'm loading the new LG-Philips 37" this evening. It has nice stats as well but its resolution is lower but its £100 cheaper.

10. SamirP

SamirP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Are you expecting to get more stock of the CMO 37" screen?

:)

11. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I'm thinking of getting a container of them from Taiwan but it'd be October before they arrive in UK.

12. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    No - they are a reseller. These are made in Holland.

13. stlic

stlic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +15
  14. Iggy21UK

Iggy21UK
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If they are made in Holland why are they then shipped to Taiwan
    where your container would come from?

Can they not be shipped direct from Holland to the UK?

15. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    No prob.. :) to be honest I have looked at your site for the past 2 weeks thinking will I won't I, but kept thinking nah.. I want a plasma.. or so I thought.. should have took the plunge and ordered one as I can see the CMo's have gone.. :( anyways I like your offer of two weeks.. so expect a call from me tomm.. :thumbsup:

16. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The CMO screens are from Taiwan. The LG screens are from Korea. Both are assembled in Holland for the brand. I am only selling the TVs with LG screens.

17. slowpoke

slowpoke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +17
    why no 26inch?

18. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I placed my order today, so I will update on how things progress.. christ I hope I made the right choice :eek: ... normaly I dont get pangs of guilt when hitting the "submit card details" button, but £1300 is a lot of money.. and it took an age to convince the other half, not to mention saving it in the first place...ho hum!

19. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    So which one did you order? Are you waiting for the October delivery?

Dave

20. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    I ordered the Philips screen.. to be honest I dont think I could wait till Oct.. I usually want everything yesterday, and I know I would start dipping in to the money I saved.. to be honest, I think the specs of the phillips screen look reasonable and should be capable of producing a good pic.. I was going to go for a plasma, but most of the screens I saw (within my budget) looked ok but not great.. I saw a 37" lcd in curry's over the w/end and thought the picture looked much better, even though it was on an analouge feed..I think that was also using an LG phillips screen.. but cant be sure as the sales bloke was a little vauge.. the other reason is I have a little fella who loves his game cube.. but does have a habbit of wandering off and leaving it on, and I would be less than happy with him if it developed screen burn.. anyways as I said earlier, I will update the thread on how the order is/was being handled and will post the usual pics etc..

cheers
    Tony

21. ehr

ehr

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    As you know the site went live today and your transaction is the first on the list - thanks!

We aim to deliver within 48 hours so expect a call later today to sort out a time.

22. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Cheers Patrick.. also can you include a wall mount, I noticed on your e-bay shop you do it for 40 odd, can you add it to my order. I look forward to the call.. :smashin:

Actually, just realised that there were no tel num fields?.. on the order form.

23. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Quick update..
    PM request for tel numb received and sent, recieved a call from freight comp confirming that screen will be shipped today and should arrive tomm.. also received a call from Patrick and wall mount will also be shipped... :clap:

so far so good! :thumbsup:

24. Paxal

Paxal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Has anyone here seen the Samsung LE32R41B and compared the picture quality between the two?

I'm down to does two screens on my list, but I have no option to see the Viewpia before purchasing it.

25. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Well what can I say.. TV and wall mount arrived a couple of mins ago.. excellent turnaround.. ordered yesterday arrived today well done cleardragon..

Now I have to wait on my mate to finish work before I can mount it so until he arrives its staying in the box.. did have a peek and it looks much better than the pic on the web.. am off to B&Q shortly to get some plastic (dont know what you would call it ) to hide the cables.. anyone any suggestions??

26. mooseepoo

mooseepoo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Trunking? Is that what you are looking for?

27. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    could be.. I will know it when I see it.. I also saw on a post a pic some where that a guy had cut a plastic pole in half and sprayed it silver.. looked really good.. am looking for something sim that I can paint over as the wall is white..

28. DaveP

DaveP

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I admire your self control!

How can you resist getting it and and playing with it?

The new tele that is :devil:

Dave

29. Paxal

Paxal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  30. thanley

thanley

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +30
    Not really as the TV was too heavy to lift by my self.. mate came round and gave me a hand.. unfort the wall bracket was the wrong size, so I have it sitting on my old sony stand for the time being..

I am really pleased to report, not a single dead pixel... not that I can see anyway.. the Scart feeds dont appear to be RGB unless I missed something.. but it doesn't matter for me as my pioneer ax5ai up converts all feeds to component out.. :D

I have so far connected sky+ via scart and its fine.. some chanels better than others, but otherwise a better pic than I really expected.. DVD via scart.. again pic looks good.. appears sharper and more vibrant than my sony CRT ??..

DVD via component.. bloody hell.. if this is a small taster of HDTV bring it on.. chucked a copy of contact on as it was one of the first DVD's I bought in 98 so was expecting not a good pic.. but it was.. next was AvP and the blacks look black.. so far so good.. Sharktale.. as expected was excellent, and it helped that the missus had just walked in when it was on.. "oooh that looks really good" :rotfl: so hopefuly she forgets about the money and remembers her first impressions.. heheheh..

Overall it's alot bigger than I expected and that was a bonus.. initial impressions.. I am very happy so far.. I know that once the set settles down and I muck about with the settings as soon as my VE disk arrives I can improve upon the PQ..

I have a good feeling about this set, as I have not had an initial dissapointment yet.. you know the ones where you go.. hmmm but ignore them in the hope that they go away.. or because you try and justify it because you bought it syndrome.. anyways will post some pics as soon as I have it mounted and cables hidden..and will post some more of my findings/thoughts in a few days.. after the excitment has died down and I can be a little more scientific in what I chuck at it. and room conditions i.e. day night, curtains open closed etc... anyways for now.. I need to get back to some serious viewing.. oh nearly forgot.. in the box was an s-video cable.. HDMI cable (dvi ) and PC cable.. bonus..

cheers
    Tony