Any one bought BLACK.

markmitt

Novice Member
Like you, I'm only a few levels in, but I am finding it really enjoyable. You can really see that Criterion really have pushed the PS2 to its limits with this one though.

Have you managed the prog scan (480p) mode yet? If not, hold triangle + cross while the game is booting up. Can't see why they don't just add the option to the proper in-game options TBH...

GalacticaActual

Distinguished Member
markmitt said:
Like you, I'm only a few levels in, but I am finding it really enjoyable. You can really see that Criterion really have pushed the PS2 to its limits with this one though.

Have you managed the prog scan (480p) mode yet? If not, hold triangle + cross while the game is booting up. Can't see why they don't just add the option to the proper in-game options TBH...

It woulndt be any good for me as I have the PS2 connected up via an RGB scart rather than componenet:) . It does seem strange that they would do it this way however:confused:

flangemonkey

Up to the final level - been playing it since last Monday...

Great fun - although the lack of mid-level saves is a killer on the last 2 maps...the last in particular is pretty hard!

markmitt

Novice Member
Finished it on normal the other night, and am now going through on HARD mode. Did the first level on hard, and TBH, it was quite easy.....The last level though is VERY HARD, and that was on normal! Great level though, and at the end it is just like the lobby scene out of the first Matrix film, only 10 times more intense. Awsome stuff! How Criterion managed to squeeze this much juice out of the humble PS2 amazes me. Only a slight framrate drop when the action is intense, but is still smooth.

battle.chasers

Standard Member
does the prog scan mode hack really work?
will try myself in a bit...

oh..and great game by the way.
got the silver weapons and going though it again on normal with them.
strating hard mode next..

markmitt

Novice Member
battle.chasers said:
does the prog scan mode hack really work?
will try myself in a bit...

oh..and great game by the way.
got the silver weapons and going though it again on normal with them.
strating hard mode next..

Yes the prog scan mode does work. Hold down triangle + cross as game boots for 480p....simple!

DanDT

Yes, Triangle + X at boot up works for most EA games.

I'm not really enjoying this game to be honest, but then again my time has been monopolised by Katamari Damaci and now We Love Katamari, Burnout Revenge and Shadow of the Colossus. Now those are brilliant games...

Mark_a

Played a level last night (something to do with an Asylum I think) that had what I'd call a 'boss' section at the end for the first time. Came down some stairs and got dropped into an immense firefight and they shut the bloody door behind you. Died in about five seconds so many times before I finally worked out a strategy to actually survive more than five seconds, and I was so on the verge of giving up on it, but glad I persevered now. Took me about two hours, though, and I was pretty spaced out by the end.

Regards

Mark

dimmockg

i got this game on monday and have played it quite a bit, thought the first level was very good but have to admit started getting bored mid-way through the 2nd level!!

this game scored very highly in the gaming press, as did resi 4.

comparing black to resi 4 i don't think its anywhere near as good, am i missing something?

T800

Novice Member
dimmockg said:
i got this game on monday and have played it quite a bit, thought the first level was very good but have to admit started getting bored mid-way through the 2nd level!!

this game scored very highly in the gaming press, as did resi 4.

comparing black to resi 4 i don't think its anywhere near as good, am i missing something?

Black is a pretty good FPS but RE4 it certainly isn't. Black isn't as linear as RE4 but feels more so. I'm on the third level and I'm getting tired of using the SPAS and AK47, also the controls feel sluggish compared to Call of Duty 2 on the 360.

GalacticaActual

Distinguished Member
T800 said:
Black is a pretty good FPS but RE4 it certainly isn't. Black isn't as linear as RE4 but feels more so. I'm on the third level and I'm getting tired of using the SPAS and AK47, also the controls feel sluggish compared to Call of Duty 2 on the 360.

Yes, I was a bit mifffed that you dont get more of a weapon choice. You have to go through it on normal mode to unlock the extra weapons.

asifestoril

Standard Member
markmitt said:
Yes the prog scan mode does work. Hold down triangle + cross as game boots for 480p....simple!

Sorry if i'm being thick but what is this prog scan thing and what does it change?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung TV Launch & QN95A Neo QLED Review, plus Film & TV news & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom