Any News on Yamaha RX-V2600

lewi

Established Member
Reaction score
Just wondered if anyone had heard anything about the launch of the Yammy in the UK? I see its available in Germany and I've looked at the specs on Audioholics. Looks very good!

phlix said:
the 3600 got reveiwed by what-hifi

There is no 3600, only a 2600 and 4600...

My local dealer has it on his latest price list @ £899, and available to order. Will get it cheaper as doing a deal for this with Denon 1920 DVD player and B&W MT20 speaker set.

Will find out Monday when it will be delivered.

Nearly went for the 4600, but wanted the HDMI upconversion for future proofing etc.

Can't wait!!!! :clap: :clap:

Please let us know how it performs and what you think once you get it... :)

jonandjen said:
My local dealer has it on his latest price list @ £899, and available to order. Will get it cheaper as doing a deal for this with Denon 1920 DVD player and B&W MT20 speaker set.

Will find out Monday when it will be delivered.

Nearly went for the 4600, but wanted the HDMI upconversion for future proofing etc.

Can't wait!!!! :clap: :clap:

Who is your local dealer? I can't find anyone even offering advanced ordering in the UK.

Dealer called today. Yamaha are stating a "mid-December" availability for the 2600. A bit longer than initially expected. Perhaps the 4600 is now back as favourite (depite its lack of HDMI upconversion etc.)

decisions, decisions!!! :(

the 2600 would be better value for money ..... not only upconversion, but transcoding of all analogue sources to HDMI .... and makes it progressive.... it probably has a Faroudja DCDi chip in it.... like the Z9 .... would negate the need for an external scaler for most people....

Im waiting for the V2600, its just a few steps ahead of the Denon 3806 which i was gonna go for.

n0s said:
Im waiting for the V2600, its just a few steps ahead of the Denon 3806 which i was gonna go for.
Me too !! (I think ?????) :confused:

Do you think the scaler will be much cop? Buying plasma soon, and was planning ot maybe go down scaler route, but this could save me some dosh

not gonna be as good as a proper 1k scaler but probably better then the built in scaler on your display.

n0s said:
n0s,

Anything in particular that gives the 2600 the edge over the 3806 ?

jonandjen

Hiya Grubert

Do you know if the site you gave the link to do delivery to the UK I would be very interested in getting the Yamaha or Denons @ those kinds of prices. :eek:

Thanks

Kazer

:D

Kazer,

No, I don't know. But this is a sign that it will very probably be available at that same time period on other user-tested web retailers such as technikdirekt.de or tsnversand.de. Look here for a lot of information.

I bought my Yamaha 2500 at TSN and everything went smoothly.

Thanks for the relpy Grubert.

One more question for you guys and gals. Will we the UK market ever be able to get hold of these great deals.

I was under the impression that the big companies were making it harder and harder for retailers to sell over the net and by mail order if this is the case is this only the case in the UK??

It seems that the German retailers are advertising over the net without much opposition, but then again my German ain't up to much and maybe they are just advertising instore offers in much the same way sites such as AVland do. :confused:

Kazer

They can't do anything. You know, there is a thing called the European Union. ;)

The only thing UK companies could do is refuse to offer aftersales service. So worst case scenario would be, if a device broke down, having to send it back to Germany for service.

As I say, all this has been discussed at length in the thread I linked above.

Grubert: THX for the info. :thumbsup:

But, is there anywhere available the User's Manual on the net? :lease:
(I want to get hold of the manual before buing, so that I can check it's features. The Pioneer VSX-74AVi [EU: VSX-AX4AVi] I found to lack the input volume level adjustment for each input :thumbsdow)

On yamahas website is the user manual. Im sure I saw it there when I was there a couple of days ago in pdf format.

Dfour, are you sure it wasn't the manual for the RX-V2500 or the RX-V4600? AFAIK the manual for the 2600 isn't available for download anywhere yet.

Your probably right. Must learn to read soon lol

Avland now have it on their website for £899.95. Titanium case only. I'm waiting for a) a full UK review as i'm partularly interested in its audio capabilities b) a black case 'cause it will go with the rest of my planned setup and c) a comparison with similar priced kit (Denon 3806, Rotel etc).

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom