Any News on Yamaha RX-V2600

I've heard that it was coming out at the end of October from a retailer a couple of days ago...don't know if this has changed or been updated since?

Really looking forward to RX-V2600, but is there a massive difference between this and the spec of the RX-V1600? (apart from the price!)

There will be (slightly) better amp section and better video processing as well as a gui onscreen display, if non of these are important to you then get a 1600 and save yourself some dosh.

I doubt a black will be availible in the uk, but you may be able to order one in from eurpoe and save yourself some cash too.

Oh thats different to the previous gen, so i think the 2600 whould probably be worth it as its only a £100 (when you get to this level i don't think you can consider that much more) as always demo if you can, the 1600 may sound better than the 2600, who knows (but you).

Les E said:
AVLand are showing black versions of both amps...the 1600 & 2600.

http://www.avland.co.uk/yamaha/rxv1600/rxv1600.htm

http://www.avland.co.uk/yamaha/rxv2600/rxv2600.htm

Looks like there's roughly £100 between models too! :)

Sorry guys but when I went to school which admittedly was some time ago, the difference between £699.95 and £899.95 was £200 but then again with all this modern maths I may well be wrong.! Also Avlands web site is confusing. They have called the spec on the RX-V1600 the RX-V2600 which it isn't.

Also they say they only have the case in titanium. Is titanium the new black?

Maybe they changed the price (or someones maths are not upto the level). Also it states: Incorrect Image
The YAMAHA RX-V1600 Home Cinema Receiver

so either its a picture of the 2600 which you can get in black also or the official UK models are only availible in titanium, which is a nice finih but if your stuff is in brushed steel or alumninium it'll not quite match. If your stuff is black then obviously it won't.

well am just going to pick a v4600 ,a mate doing a deal on it for me but was just wondering what the differances is to the v2600 if any .

gaz.

The 2600 has video upscalling and processing from analauge to digital where as the 4600 has better amps section so sonicaly supperior, if you want an advanced video switching get the 2600 if you want near flagship quality sonics get the 4600.

thx for that .been and pick the 4600 up.hope it lives up to the hype .

gaz.

Have there been any reviews of the 2600 yet saying if it sounds inferior to the 4600?

I am thinking about moving up to the 2600 from my current 650 so I would imagine it will still sound as good or possibly better but offer a lot more convenience with regards to av switching.

Only you can tell what is inferrior or suppieror to your ears, but the 4600 has an improved amp section over the 2500, it is very likly but nt confirmed that the 2600 will use the same amp section as the 2500 but add extras.

The 4600 is a step up from the 2500 with respect to amps and the fact it has digital video switching, but the 2600 has supperior video switching cababilities. It has upconversion to digital and also video scaling upto 1080i i believe, i doubt neither would disapoint sonicaly, but if you take the 2600 to have the same sonic abilities as the 4600 that unit has been made redundant by there manufacturer in less time than pretty much any product in history.

I have a 2500 and it sounds great, i don't have any digital displays so have no need for the advanced features of the 2600, but when the 2700 roles around i would be that i'd have it (sould have a pj with digital input by then).

It will be better than your current amp, i moved from a ax620 to a 2500 and the surrond speaker came to life and prue direct has to be heard to be believed, i was also impressed how strong the radio tuner was, although the gui was a bit more hype than purposful for me (although the pretty graphs are nice) and the remote on my 620 was nicer IMO.

This is interesting- clearly the 2600 is going to be vastly better specced than my Pioneer AX3 but I'd be interested to see if it sounds better. The Pioneer doesn't even have component switching but its the most lucid surround tool I've heard under a grand- if the Yamaha has the bells and whistles and manges to sound better I might bankrupt myself still further :suicide:.

I'm just glad i don't have any digital displays otherwise the 2600 would be getting bought, glad i'm still in the dark ages for now :p

Other differences between the 2600 and 4600 is that the 2600 has bi-amp possibility...but the 4600 has i-link, and i want both. So i gotta wait another round for the next yamaha. I've had my yamaha for a while now, and it's the only thing i haven't upgraded, i just love the control, reliability, yellow/brown screen (i hate blue or green) and pure direct :)

I'm waiting for the model with 3 HDMI version 1.3 inputs and iLink, with the new DD TrueHD and DTS HD codecs! Hopefully it will appear in the next 12 months or so.

Steve

Just ordered the 2600, should be here in two to three weeks.

Nitrox said:
Just ordered the 2600, should be here in two to three weeks.

Nitrox,

wher did you order from, got a link. Must post when up and running....looking to buy this amp in my massive av upgrade. :devil:

Dutch said:
I'm waiting for the model with 3 HDMI version 1.3 inputs and iLink, with the new DD TrueHD and DTS HD codecs! Hopefully it will appear in the next 12 months or so.

Steve
I personaly wouldn't hold my breath although both pioneer and yamaha are probably i need of updating their flagship models with the new super denon out.
But i can't see those sort of specs coming in anything but expesive and very high end models, also will DD TrueHD and DTS HD be compataible with HDMI anyway, is there enough bandwith for multichannel HD sourrond? (well if its a simialr bit rate to SACD or DVD-A then yea i guess ...)

brownieeyes

I ordered the 2600 from my local dealer. The dealer has asked me not to say too much about where I got the amp from at the moment as it’s not due for release until next month.

All I can say I don’t think it will be very long before the 2600 is released, because when the dealer contacted the Yamaha rep he actually had two units in his possession.

Nitrox said:
brownieeyes

I ordered the 2600 from my local dealer. The dealer has asked me not to say too much about where I got the amp from at the moment as it’s not due for release until next month.

All I can say I don’t think it will be very long before the 2600 is released, because when the dealer contacted the Yamaha rep he actually had two units in his possession.

Let us know when you get yours pls....

Yamaha bloke told me there will be an announcement on the website by first week of November re the 2600 - Altho deadlines like these always get missed!

CK

ColdKilla said:
Yamaha bloke told me there will be an announcement on the website by first week of November re the 2600 - Altho deadlines like these always get missed!

CK

Could have sworn I saw a Yamaha 2600 when I picked my Marantz DV7600 at AV Land!!

The thing I'm missing is HDMI switching, I'm tempted to invest in a seperate HDMI switcher rather than change my amp, I'm rather happy with my Marantz SR7500 and Rotel RB985 combo, and the four in one out component switching will be very handy when my Xbox 360 arrives :D

Saying that, the idea of upscaling over the digital connection is very tempting, would be great to get rid of all those cables, ugh, decisions decisions.

Kazman said:
Could have sworn I saw a Yamaha 2600 when I picked my Marantz DV7600 at AV Land!!

It could have been the 4600 as they share the same chassis, altough they do have a pick on there website so they may have an early demo model.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom