Any news on the new panasonic HDD range?

markbigears

Established Member
Reaction score
Got the money together for the EX85, but wondering if its best to hold out for the new Panny range of recorders? Any news of a release for the new models? Cheers, Mark

There are new Panasonic models out in Japan with dual tuners.

Also the styling is a lot better than the current ugly looking ones.

Can't remember the model no's. but if you search the net you'll find them.

thats just my luck that, iv just splashed out £400, on the ex85.and now a new one is coming out.how long will it be until the new one is out in uk.do you have any pics and specs

thats just my luck that, iv just splashed out £400, on the ex85.and now a new one is coming out.how long will it be until the new one is out in uk.do you have any pics and specs

Worry not. It's a long time away yet.

There is always ' a new one coming out', no matter when you look at the issue.

We are only about halfway through the season.

thanks for that, so the only real difference is the 1080p compatible isnt it,still probs worth the money.who said there much nice than the previous models, there horrible luking.i just dont like the box type style.whats do use prefer

I read about them a few months ago.

http://www.cinenow.com/uk/news-2125.html

Hi Marty

These machines are not destined for the UK market.

The Japanese market is unlike the rest of the world and many devices that are released there never make it here. They have voice control among other things!

Panasonic have made no announcements for a new range for Europe / UK at present.

I quite like the design on my EX75. It's not as streamline and curvy as other models, but it's a unique design, and It doesn't detract from the other AV equipment I have.

I prefer the rectangle look, the same as hifi gear.

They may come into the UK next year, I'm currently trying to get more info one the new Sony 1065.

i'm sure they will look as per the japanese models in line with their new UK BD player, which has the same styling, which i prefer to the slop nose current version, hense, waiting for the new models to come out.

There are new Panasonic models out in Japan with dual tuners.

Also the styling is a lot better than the current ugly looking ones.

Can't remember the model no's. but if you search the net you'll find them.

If you do a search in Google you will find that the Japanese market had Twin Tuner DVD Recorders when the DMR-E500H (RRP more than £1500, hardly anyone bought them) was out back in 2004 (same time as the DMR-E85H and DMR-E95H).

As Gavtech said the Japanese market is totally different to the UK's.

Link to full story HERE
Panasonic Japan
Equipped with two TV tuners, the DMR-E330H and DMR-E220H can record alternate television programs simultaneously onto the hard disk drive. The DMR-E500H, DMR-E330H, DMR-E220H and DMR-E87H, all offer high-speed recording from the hard disk drive to DVD-RAM at speeds of 40x and onto DVD-R disk up to 64x (both in EP mode).

The five new models take Panasonic's DIGA family to nine members, including the DMR-E700BD, BD (Blu-ray)/DVD recorder released on July 31, 2004. Panasonic continues to respond to the diverse needs of consumers and leads the way in the DVD recorder market.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom