• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Any news on Network In-Store Pre-Orders

ElGeeEighty8

Established Member
i have tried asking this in the pre-order thread, but it's been ignored as it's mostly to do with ordering/reserving at the Apple stores.

so my question is,
does anyone know if we can pre-order in places like O2 and Carphone Warehouse?
don't want to order online as I won't have the funds in my bank account until friday, and that I also want to take advantage of O2's upgrade 'deal'

cheers

rt10415

Standard Member
I have been in to an O2 shop this morning and spoke with the manager (relative), he says, the store's won't be doing pre orders, they still have no idea about prices and they probably won't be released until the 24th, when it'll be first come first served in the store!:mad:

I have been in to an O2 shop this morning and spoke with the manager (relative), he says, the store's won't be doing pre orders, they still have no idea about prices and they probably won't be released until the 24th, when it'll be first come first served in the store!:mad:

Same here in Guildford - say's they're not doing pre-orders because there's not enough demand been expressed. Guess they calculate this based upon the 'Interested?' pages on the network sites. Still waiting on T-Mobile!

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
Same here in Guildford - say's they're not doing pre-orders because there's not enough demand been expressed. Guess they calculate this based upon the 'Interested?' pages on the network sites. Still waiting on T-Mobile!

:rotfl: I think that is based on statistics from the back of a packet of fags.

Interest is surely through the roof on all networks.

:rotfl: I think that is based on statistics from the back of a packet of fags.

Interest is surely through the roof on all networks.

I'd be wary of that considering there's no pricing information still - you'd think they'd have it up on their sites asap to encourage more pre-orders. I'd certainly agree there's been a huge amount of media coverage, but with most people committing to a 24 month contract if they wanted a 3GS, that'll mean they have 12 months left to run on a contract, 12x £20 a month early upgrade for 02 (£240) plus cost of the iPhone - could be quite off-putting.

I'm justifying the £600 sim-free cost as I didn't pick up an iPad at the moment.

Cha1ky

Distinguished Member
I think a lot of people who cannot afford the Apple store prices will be awaiting the network pricing.

there was nearly 400 people on here just waiting for Apple pricing to go up. So i imagine theres going to be a lot waiting for O2 etc to put theres up esp with the buyout deal.

Just been into T-Mobile - they've not had network pricing conveyed to the stores yet, including PAYG. They did believe they'd have it by the end of the day though.

roxyskinflint

Established Member
But you can still reserve an iphone4 on the apple website to pick up on a pay monthly plan in store, from at least 02 and orange and i think vodafone..

just reserve one anyway theres no obligation to buy it, hopefully by next thursday we will know the pricing from the networks and just choose which ones best for you!! simples

rd6821

Standard Member
If interest isn't that great then I guess there's no rush to panic reserve a phone! The last email I got from Orange said that they'd be in touch again today so I guess we'll see later on what's happening...

But you can still reserve an iphone4 on the apple website to pick up on a pay monthly plan in store, from at least 02 and orange and i think vodafone..

just reserve one anyway theres no obligation to buy it, hopefully by next thursday we will know the pricing from the networks and just choose which ones best for you!! simples

No Apple stores within 20 miles unfortunately, I'm not convinced PAYG models will be much cheaper than the unlocked one, so tempted to order that!

The latest video from AVForums

CES 2023 Round Up: New TV Lineups for 2023 from LG, Samsung, Panasonic, Hisense & TCL
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom