Any news on atmos update

stegalv

Prominent Member
Reaction score
As title,thinking of getting one s as 4k player but I need it to output atmos,anyone have an idea when the update is to be released ?
And what's the general consensus of it as a 4k/blueray player?

It's a good player although you can hear it. Update released fairly soon, there are some beta testers with the update I think.

thanks jazz.cant understand why they have released an update to insider members but can't give a general release date for the update.

thanks jazz.cant understand why they have released an update to insider members but can't give a general release date for the update.

They will be testing it to iron out any issues along with other features.

Yeah it is working.....

xboxone 3-7-2017 115512.jpg

Fell over it tonight, almost 1Gb update plus update the Blu Ray player. It passes the bitstream sound to the amp , untouched. Dolby Atmos, True Hd, working as expected. Superb.

Am I right in thinking the S could only output 2.1 sound when playing 4K discs when first released? Or did I misunderstand something.

No it could send surround signals, but it did so based on whatever audio settings the console also used for games. So that was uncompressed audio, Dolby Digital or DTS. What it couldn't do was bitstream the original audio from the disks in the proper format.

The latest video from AVForums

Is Home Theater DEAD in 2024?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom