1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any news of AVR300 upgrades?

Discussion in 'Arcam Owners' Forum' started by yash, Apr 12, 2005.

1. yash

yash
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    The past weekend I auditioned Arcam AVR300 and fell in love with its sound. Before I pull the plug and replace my Yamaha RXV-2095 with AVR300, I would like to know if any product announcements are around the corner for this model. The other brands I looked at, Yamaha/Denon/Pioneer, all have a predictable annual upgrades to their receiver models. I was wondering if Arcam has a similar schedule for upgrades. I see that the AVR300 model has been on the market for close to or little over an year now. Any information/news regarding upgrades to AVR300 model (other than software updates) will be greatly appreciated. Press coverage of news regarding Arcam and its products is kind of minimal in the US market.

Regards

Yeswanth

2. Hifi addict

Hifi addict

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    don't expect any hardware upgrade on the AVR300 soon. It's previous model (AVR200) lasted quite long as well. Also, arcam does not have a huge R&D and they were pretty busy with the Solo introduction and the AVP700/P1000 who is due for Q2 2005. Next stop (i'm only guessing here) is an sw-upgrade on the AV8 to have PL-IIx in place