Any news about PUS8505

albani

First of all, o got a couple of pics from an Iron Man bluray, 4k HDR. 2nd pic is taken from really close to the tv (58PUS8505). Using default HDR vivid with the soap opera effect set to pure cinema.

Second, I have a question for everyone in this thread: what are your wifi speeds?
I'm on a 500mbps connection, tv's connected to my 5ghz network and it tops at 200mbps.
My phone (a OnePlus 6T) reaches 400+mbps on the 5ghz network.
Are you guys experiencing similar speeds? I wanna know if 200mbs is the tv's top speed on 5ghz.

-ask you; "distance"??? TV-Modem/Router
if your TV far of your modem that means your current speed down!

especially,if you have connected by 5Ghz "distance" is really matter!

note;do not try with 2.5Ghz !!

or check by "Ethernet",what will you get speed??

-secondly,if necessary change your Modem's port(Channel)!! (for 5Ghz connection)

enter your modem>>> 5Ghz>>select Channel 36/40/44
but first try at lowest figure such as "36"!!

and than select "Band Width";80Mhz

Mode;Mixed(802.11a/n/ac)

do not change it other figures!

++

"Phone"; do not think about phone's speed etc., they are so different!

++

TV's Wifi "chipset"; we do not know is it best quality/performance or which type of
WiFi etc.,
if such as "low" config as you wont get max speed!

and keep in mind,"distance" is most important matter for 5Ghz connection
for example mine is 60cm:D TV-Modem distance,very close to my TV
++
but if get it such as 200Mb,this speed enough for everything!

sbato

Novice Member

sbato

Novice Member
Haha, good to see it helped someone !
I'm on ISF day and I put it for sdr and hdr movies.
But isf nigh will be the same after applying the settings.
I choose ISF because you can apply it on all sources except Dolby Vision.

Colors I like default settings, not accurate but pleasant to watch for the moment.
I will try to work on it.

Thanks! Actually i've applied your settings starting from "Personal".
Just for knowledge purposes: I'm not understanding what's the difference of starting from a preset or another. Isn't the result the same, if i set the same parameters?

albani

Hi guys

After couple of months that I'v decied that some issue or kinda weird thing is the result of OOfBox and Calibrated settings results diffrent and especially with 50 and 58 panels!!

I though that 50 is more proper-satisfied result with those given settings!
such as mine(50") I'm very satisfied even "Default" settings

But now,I'v applied some of parameters with "ISF-Day" mode and result way better!

Note;I'm talking about "SDR" only and it doesnt matter HDR results!
first of all I need and watch SD/HD/UHD contents

On the other hand the result of(after calibration or out-of-box settings) 58" still
problematic!

For this kind big screens;do not choice more then 50 size! even 48"
if the panel is Native 50/60Hz !!!

so got such a less big less issue;)

Rafiel

Novice Member
Thanks! Actually i've applied your settings starting from "Personal".
Just for knowledge purposes: I'm not understanding what's the difference of starting from a preset or another. Isn't the result the same, if i set the same parameters?

No changes from personal or isf when you setup everything with same parameters.
Isf mod unlock the ability to change some colors parameters.

philvalou

Novice Member

i have 65 size and no problem

philvalou

Novice Member
What are your settings please?

Picture style: Natural or Personnal
Colour: 52
Backlight contrast: 95
Sharpness: 8
Brightness: 48

Advanced
Colour enhancement: stop
Colour gamut: normal
Colour temperature: normal
Whitepoint 2 point:
Red - WP = 114
Green - WP = 102
Blue - WP = 120
Red - BL = 0
Green - BL = 0
Blue - BL= 0 or +2

Contrast mode: Optimized for picture
HDR Upscaling: on
Dynamic contrast: off
Video contrast: 95
Light sensor: of
Gamma: +2

Ultra resolution: on
Picture clean options: Noise reduction: minimum
MPEG Artefact Reduction - Maximum

Motion Styles :stop

Peter Bohlin

Novice Member
Just curious if anyone else has the same issues with stutter/flickering in image on some content.
Set Motion to either off or Pure Cinema. I have backlight contrast at around 45 and brightness at 50.

All that have Netflix account with DV stream available, could you watch the "Our planet" episode 3 Jungles, and look at 40:20 and for about 1 minute ahead.
Make sure that you are watching Dolby Vision (Pop up indicating this).
When panning through jungle and then along the Palm-oil trees. Do you see flickering on the low corners of screen, like a strobing effect?
I have some serious strobing on this kind of content, I would even consider this as a risk for someone with epileptic illness.

I have the 70PUS8545 which should be an MVA panel.

I have contacted support about this and they want me to send in a Video of this.
So far my mobile cannot capture this flickering since for me it seems to be related to the refresh rate of the screen.

Please post your result and what panel you have.

philvalou

Novice Member
[QUOTE = "Peter Bohlin, message: 28845680, membre: 680434"]
Je suis simplement curieux de savoir si quelqu'un d'autre a les mêmes problèmes de bégaiement / scintillement dans l'image sur certains contenus.
Réglez Motion sur Off ou Pure Cinema. J'ai un contraste de contre-jour à environ 45 et une luminosité à 50.

Tous ceux qui ont un compte Netflix avec un flux DV disponible, pourriez-vous regarder l'épisode 3 Jungles "Our planet", et regarder à 40:20 et pendant environ 1 minute à l'avance.
Assurez-vous que vous regardez Dolby Vision (Pop up indiquant cela).
Lorsque vous vous promenez dans la jungle puis le long des palmiers à huile. Voyez-vous un scintillement sur les coins bas de l'écran, comme un effet stroboscopique?
J'ai des flashs sérieux sur ce genre de contenu, je considérerais même cela comme un risque pour une personne souffrant d'épilepsie.

J'ai le 70PUS8545 qui devrait être un panneau MVA.

J'ai contacté le support à ce sujet et ils veulent que j'envoie une vidéo à ce sujet.
Jusqu'à présent, mon mobile ne peut pas capturer ce scintillement car pour moi il semble être lié au taux de rafraîchissement de l'écran.

Veuillez publier votre résultat et le panneau dont vous disposez.
[/CITATION]

Je n'ai pas remarqué de scintillement
model 65PUS8555 november2020
the pictures are better on real

Attachments

• P1010477.JPG
    P1010477.JPG
    413.9 KB · Views: 124
  • P1010478.JPG
    P1010478.JPG
    502.9 KB · Views: 126
  • P1010479.JPG
    P1010479.JPG
    573 KB · Views: 125

Rafiel

Novice Member
I work a lot on colors today.
I don't have qualibrattion tools so, i use my eyes and I compare colors woth the screen of my phone ( p30 pro on warm ) witch is known to be not bad.

I compare a lot of different content and I could adjust really well and I'm really happy about it!

News Settings:

SDR:

Color : 65
Backligh : 85
Brightness : 80
Contrast mode : stoped ( not anymore optimizer for image)
Vidéo contrast : 90
Gamma +2

All settings not listed are disabled.

HDR :
Same as SDR with :
HDR plus : Maximum

DV :
Big changes here as is now same as SDR setup.

Color Setup:
2 points:
WP R : +110
WP G : +123
WP B : +80

BL R : 0
BL G : - 3
BL B : - 5

20 points all to 0 because I'm really satisfied like it.

Another time, theses color settings are for my eyes compared with colors on my phone.
I'm really happy with those settings on my 70pus8555.
What i find interesting is, finally with same settings of contrast and brightness overs sdr hdr and dv is really good on all of them! Really accurate with what I can see on my phone ( my phone as better contrast because oled screen but not bad at all )

Hope this will help !

Last edited:

luftslott

Standard Member
After a long explanation and several photos sent to Philips support, they sent my case to the repair company they cooperate with. After I sent that company several photos and videos showing the issues, they said they had never seen anything like this, and that they will need to talk to the experts at Philips about it. We'll see what happens...

Update: I received a reply from the repair company after they had been in contact with Philips' experts:
"We received a reply from Philips. This is a software error, and today there is no solution available." And then they offered to take my TV and arrange for money back or replacement product.

The only problem is, if I return it, I won't have any TV at all, and there will probably be no good discounts or sales for quite a while. So I won't be able to find a better TV at a somewhat similar price as the Black Friday price I bought this for. But at the same time I will probably regret it later if I keep it and no software fix turns up...

The problem is Sirius... I have a reply too, they told me to do the last update and a factory reset or play with the settings.I answer to them that I have already done all this but the problem still insists... Let's see what they will answer again...

JK247

Novice Member
Hi guys

After couple of months that I'v decied that some issue or kinda weird thing is the result of OOfBox and Calibrated settings results diffrent and especially with 50 and 58 panels!!

I though that 50 is more proper-satisfied result with those given settings!
such as mine(50") I'm very satisfied even "Default" settings

But now,I'v applied some of parameters with "ISF-Day" mode and result way better!

Note;I'm talking about "SDR" only and it doesnt matter HDR results!
first of all I need and watch SD/HD/UHD contents

On the other hand the result of(after calibration or out-of-box settings) 58" still
problematic!

I have the 65 inch 65PUS8535 with IPS panel, the colour reproduction-including HDR of this TV has been second to none. The Android TV platform is so smooth that I have relegated my Android TV box and FireTv stick to the guest room. 65inch PUS 85 series with IPS panel seems the best for now.

Piecho

Novice Member
Does digital audio output works as analog one? I mean, if I have connected cable and enabled internal speakers sound goes thru both?

luftslott

Standard Member
I have the 65 inch 65PUS8535 with IPS panel, the colour reproduction-including HDR of this TV has been second to none. The Android TV platform is so smooth that I have relegated my Android TV box and FireTv stick to the guest room. 65inch PUS 85 series with IPS panel seems the best for now.
Is there anyone who has the 65 inch IPS version of this TV that actually has any of the problems mentioned in this thread? Or are all the problems 100% related to the VA panel models? Curious if it's worth replacing my 58 with a 65 version, or if it's better to go with a completely different TV.

DavidN88

Update: I received a reply from the repair company after they had been in contact with Philips' experts:
"We received a reply from Philips. This is a software error, and today there is no solution available." And then they offered to take my TV and arrange for money back or replacement product.

The only problem is, if I return it, I won't have any TV at all, and there will probably be no good discounts or sales for quite a while. So I won't be able to find a better TV at a somewhat similar price as the Black Friday price I bought this for. But at the same time I will probably regret it later if I keep it and no software fix turns up...

Software error? So why the hell Philips don't grab his sh*t together, and fix this?

alfa159

at the price of the Philips there are various possibilities of purchase in the meantime, make it withdraw so you remove a problem

JK247

Novice Member
Does digital audio output works as analog one? I mean, if I have connected cable and enabled internal speakers sound goes thru both?
Mine is connected to an AV receiver through digital audio cable. For now, the TV is capable of audio passthrough Kodi and VLC.

Nightmonkey3311

Novice Member

This is my concern also! The Black Friday pricing was decent for what would have been a pretty well kitted out TV if it didn’t have these issues.
With a new puppy and working from home, I haven't called up for the return yet, that is tomorrow’s job! My money is tied into one specific retailer, so have to get a set from Argos. There are a couple models I’m considering: LG 55NANO86, Sony KD55XH8196BU, Hisense 55U7QFTUK
None of them are perfect, seems like the Hisense thread here has issues for the U7Q and none of those models are a match for the Phillips on paper, yet require more money be put towards it 😂

I am not sure what to do as I will also be without a TV for a while

DavidN88

BTW, how long did you had the TV?

Peter Bohlin

Novice Member
Just curious if anyone else has the same issues with stutter/flickering in image on some content.
Set Motion to either off or Pure Cinema. I have backlight contrast at around 45 and brightness at 50.

All that have Netflix account with DV stream available, could you watch the "Our planet" episode 3 Jungles, and look at 40:20 and for about 1 minute ahead.
When panning through jungle and then along the Palm-oil trees. Do you see flickering on the low corners of screen, like a strobing effect?
I have some serious strobing on this kind of content, I would even consider this as a risk for someone with epileptic illness.

I have contacted support about this and they want me to send in a Video of this.
So far my mobile cannot capture this flickering since for me it seems to be related to the refresh rate of the screen.

No one with a VA-panel that can test?

stma

Sometimes, in certain lighter scenes. But for me this is less annoying than washed out colours (especially faces) in dark scenes and in most cases useless HDR.

AVtest

Economy is on freeze now, of course there will be deals as businesses need to make revenue. Don't forget so called deals are just price drops to what tv actually cost as inflated prices usually are at release! Get your money back and get new one.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...

Latest News

Sky announces huge original TV show and movie lineup for 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Cambridge Audio launches DacMagic 200M headphone amplifier
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on Disney+ UK for February 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Focal releases 1000 Series integrated speakers
  • By Andy Bassett