any new dvd recorders coming out soon???

jackrenton

Standard Member
im really toying with the idea of gettting a dvd recorder either a panasonic ex87 or the sony 970 model.

the thing is i was wondering if its worth holding on for somthing newer thats in the pipeline or are the manufacturers staying with these models for a while.

im in no rush to buy so can wait for new products if they are worth waiting for.

anyone know of anything to consider....

needs freeview, hdd and dvd player.also a dv input would be great.

cheers

steve

Gavtech

Administrator
Just buy.

Nothing due for a while, and new models do not mean necessarily better.

Usually - in model development terms, they are cheaper for the manufacturer to produce.

anthony.rowell

Standard Member
I have the panasonic DMR-EX87EB and i am very pleased with it the only moan is the hand control i get it mixed up with the panasonic viera hand contol they are alike upside down ! i just dont know what are the best disks for recording films ,i also use the panasonic blue ray bd10 player and i think that is very good i am glad i bought the same makes has the TV i can use one hand control for all of them if need be !cheers.Tony.

anthony.rowell

Standard Member
Also the 87eb gets very high marks in which online they say it is a very good ,you can get which on line for only a £1 for a month subsciption well worth it !cheers.Tony.

Gavtech

Administrator

marty2005

Novice Member
The new LG's are out with digital tuners, I have started a thread on them.

The osd is one of the best, only downside is that it only displays 6 channels on the epg and outputs at 1080i rather than 1080p.

If you have a 50" tv and you can only show 6 channels what is the logic in that? They should give you the option to change it.

Can't be as bad as the samung sh855 4 channel display on the epg though which is also slooowww.

mray

marty2005

Novice Member
It records 2 channels at a time not 7, the 7 are the 3 digital * 2 and 1 analogue tuners.

You have to pick the tv standard you want to use.

If you read Gavtech's link it does explain it.

mcgriffo

Standard Member
I'm in the same boat... really interested to hear people's opinion's on these two models and which they deem to be superior

marty2005

Novice Member
Get something cheap for now then upgrade when the new machines come out this year.

The Sony hxd870 is around £200.
It has a lot of functions and plays back divx unlike the uk panasonics.

I'm hoping Sony will bring out an xmb osd this year.

The latest video from AVForums

Panasonic HZ2000 4K OLED TV Review | The best OLED for movie viewing in 2020
Top Bottom