1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any new 26" LCD's due soon ??

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs' started by Wal, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Wal

Wal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello people now the Samsung tearing issue has been sorted I was going to get the LE26R41 however the XBOX 360 isn't due till late November and my dilemma is shall I just get the Sammy now or shall I wait till Nov when there could be new 26" lcd's out ?? However I think that for the price range I'm looking out (£600-£700) the Sammy is the best TV to get , I just don't know. :eek:

2. mike7

mike7

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +513
    The Sony S and V series are due to reveal a 26" version later this month. Also the new Sharp range has 2 new 26" models. Probably won't fit your budget though as they are initiall priced in the £1000-1400 range. Prices soon come down with discounts and dealers will be anxious to shift stock over the Christmas period.

3. common

common

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +8
    I have been looking at 26" LCD for my bedroom (plus xbox360) and it came down to the Samsung LE26R41 or SHARP LC26P50, I went for the BD version of the samsung in the end for £650 although the sharp is well priced and spec'd - both had a great pic but the samsungs looks and integrated freeview swung it

Not sure if this helps ???

4. Wal

Wal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Cheers people, I'm an impatient sod so I might as well just get the telly now , cant be arsed waiting :thumbsup:

5. helpneeded

helpneeded

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi, I got the Sammy, very impressed!!!

Dixons, £650 online if you enter 'DISCOUNT50' as promotional code at checkout....

or....

print the page off after you have applied the discount, and take it to Currys!

They will match the offer and you can have your TV there and then!

Thats what I did! :rotfl:

6. CoolCurly

CoolCurly

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +104
    A new 26" will be available end of next month from Hyundai. HD ready and with a built in 14 in 3 card PLAYER (not to be mistaken for a reader)..will play movies straight from your memory card..

Street pricing not set ok...