• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.
  • Black Friday Deals
    Visit our Black Friday page for our frequently updated, hand picked deals on TVs and other tech.

Any new 1080P panels coming out end of 2007/ start of 2008 ?

BeelzebubUK

Not sure if this is still relevant now as when I bought my 42" PHD8 the panels were considered to be better quality than the TVs especially when running with a scaler.

Is this still the same situation or is it not worth paying the extra now for a panel over a TV ? I still won't need anything but a panel with a HDMI or DVI input on it that will support 1080P @ 24/50/60 I guess. Tuner/Speakers and other connectors would be worthless to me.

I'll be upgrading my scaler soon probably to a VP50 and looking to replace the panel with a 50" 1080P screen most likely early in 2008 so is there anything in the pipeline for the end of this year ?

Seen plenty of talk about TVs but nothing about panels. Is it still pretty exclusive to Pioneer and Panasonic or are there more options these days ?

The latest video from AVForums

Guardians of the Galaxy Xmas Special, Strange World, Bones and All, and Cabinet of Dr Caligari in 4K
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom