Any must have apps for ATV

RobTi

hi hoping to get mine tomorrow and just wondered what your must have apps are to give me somewhere to start ?

Thanks

Ado43

Netflix, Plex and if you have a VPN/DNS then the likes of ABC, NBC, FOX etc from the US store.

BMox81

Distinguished Member
Unotelly has always done the trick for me.

RobTi

Thanks will have a look, can I ask will I need to change back dns on an ATV for any reason ?

Stiggy

Distinguished Member
Thanks will have a look, can I ask will I need to change back dns on an ATV for any reason ?
I don't understand. If you are using a service like Unblock-US you will need to change the DNS settings on your ATV (or your router, if yo want to us it on all devices) to the IP address supplied.

RobTi

Sorry what I meant was does it upset anything on my iTunes account after changing my dns

smithy37

Novice Member
Sorry what I meant was does it upset anything on my iTunes account after changing my dns
It won't make any difference to itunes. However, if you change accounts and thus change to the US app store then change back your apple music playlists will be removed. You can get them back by going into settings and flicking the iCloud music library switch back on. Not a major problem just kind of frustrating.

I recommend unblock-us and setting up on your router.

ovbg

TenPlay from the Australian store as well. Basically just another Free-to-air network's catch-up service, and this time from Australia, but it is worth having these free ones around until the UK apps appear. Even then, it just adds choice.

I'd also add Crackle from the US (it's a bit like Netflix, but ad-funded instead of a subscription and they even have their own originals now).

TVPlayer from the UK.

smithy37

Novice Member
TV Player is superb, but......... It is a subscription based service once your free trial has ended. Boo, hiss!!

ovbg

TV Player is superb, but......... It is a subscription based service once your free trial has ended. Boo, hiss!!

No, it's a free service that has a subscription add-on package.

The free-to-air channels it streams are free, and don't require any subscription.

The pay-tv channels are extra, and those require a subscription.

mda1974

Crossy Road is excellent, my daughter loves the two player option so sh can show me how it's done.

smithy37

Novice Member
No, it's a free service that has a subscription add-on package.

The free-to-air channels it streams are free, and don't require any subscription.

The pay-tv channels are extra, and those require a subscription.
My Bad!!
Teach me to read the description properly.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom