Any multi next-gen console wheels available?

H

hogl

I'm looking around for a cheapish wheel controller that will work on my ps3, 360 and preferably my PC. I can live without force feedback and all of that if the price reflects it. My main criteria is that it doesn't break easily and works across platforms. I find it very har to get this information on the web for some reason.

Thrustmaster makes a lot of multi platform wheels, but from looking at their website, it doesn't look like they know what an Xbox 360 is.

AudiophileUk

i doubt you will get one to work across all three platforms. Maybe the closest is the MS xbox 360 wheel which is decent and will work wirelessly with a PC.

I guess also you could buy a cheaper wheel such as the MadCatz which would work the same on both.

H

hogl

i doubt you will get one to work across all three platforms. Maybe the closest is the MS xbox 360 wheel which is decent and will work wirelessly with a PC.

I guess also you could buy a cheaper wheel such as the MadCatz which would work the same on both.

I am considering the MadCatz right now, since it is half price of the official one, and made for sitting in your lap, which is perfect for couch play. Also, I don't need a serious wheel, just something to give the functionality.

I would really love a PS3/360 compatible wheel, but it doesn't seem to exist, sadly.

H

hogl

I doubt a ps3 and 360 compatible one will ever happen with how strict ms are at peripheral licensing for the 360

It's really annoying though, for someone who have several systems, when all that makes the difference is the damned USB interface they use. There are things called standards. I can understand they want to make money, but allowing to use standard usb devices would be good service to the customer. Oh well, I'm ranting.

Anyway, I can't seem to find the Madcatz in stock anywhere, maybe it was discontinued. I'm considering the official x360 wheel, but I would rather have a wheel that is good for placing on my lap. Lapmounts do not work very well with force feedback though.
The wheel is rather cheap now (around 60£), so I might get it sometime soon anyway. The fact that there are no wires to the console is also a plus.
Does any of you know how well it works on a battery pack? I know force feedback doesn't work, but does it center properly, ie is it worth anything?
A completely wireless wheel would be an even bigger plus :)

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom