Any more news on the PV600 / PX600

david_lee said:
does that mean the 42 will be around 2800, thats a lot compared to the px60

Looks like the rrp of of the PX600 will be the same as the current PV500's.

RRP for the 42PV500 is £2400 ish in the high street

david_lee said:
already available in other european countries.... well i think, not sure cant read :)

http://www.eshop.nl/product_info.php?products_id=133652

http://www.progress.nl/index.asp?vervolg=/shop/detail.asp?Product_rg={1824FB6E-BE59-4DCE-A121-1AAFBE82B9CB}&kelkoo=1

It's true, they are advertising both the PV600 and the PX600.

I've seen the later advertised for 2523 euro with a 2 week delivery. Not sure if that is just to get your interest but we will see.

.... as you have probably guessed I live in Holland ;)

cicada78 said:
The px600 (37, 42 and 50) will have a provisional release date of May. However they have basically the same spec as the PX60 - apart from card slots and better speakers (and most of you peeps probably have surround). The PX60 now has a pc imput! So my advice is get a PX60 and save some pennies. I dont have all the info but the panels should be identical.

As far as I remember the PX600 has 2 HDMI connectors, SD card slot and Multi-Window functionality (PIP / POP / PAT / PAP)

Panasonic NL only list the PV600 yet two online stores are advertising the PX600 with a 2 week delivery.

It is all very confusing :confused:

CineManno said:
My local dealer (Netherlands) told me they can deliver and of May. I think Panasonic will cancel any employers holiday plans to get this out before the WC soccer.

But the difference between the PX60 and PX600 actually doesn't justify the money. Only the looks of the 60 series is really cheap looking in my eyes. So I think I'm gonna spend a lot of money for some better looks :rotfl:

I also live in Netherlands but I am not sure on the prices. If you go to the website www.kieskeurig.nl and search on the Panasonic plasmas you will see that the cheapest listing for the PV600 is 2429 euro from 'deWinkle.nl' (www.dewinkel.nl) and the cheapest listing for the PX600 is 2353 euro from 'Progress' (www.progress.nl).

This doesn't make much sense to me as it looks cheaper for the plasma that comes with a built-in tuner :confused:

Which dealer do you refer too, which model was it and how much did they quote?

madsumo said:
I also live in Netherlands but I am not sure on the prices. If you go to the website www.kieskeurig.nl and search on the Panasonic plasmas you will see that the cheapest listing for the PV600 is 2429 euro from 'deWinkle.nl' (www.dewinkel.nl) and the cheapest listing for the PX600 is 2353 euro from 'Progress' (www.progress.nl).

This doesn't make much sense to me as it looks cheaper for the plasma that comes with a built-in tuner :confused:
But the website from Progress explicitly mentions the digital tuner, so I guess the price is right...

madsumo said:

Which dealer do you refer too, which model was it and how much did they quote?

Panasonic won't release the PX600 in the Netherlands, cause the digital tuner is useless over here. So if Progress is selling the PX600 they probably import it from Germany, where this model is available (soon).

I've also noticed the recommended retail price is a lot lower in Germany than in the Netherlands: €2599 vs €2799 for the 37PV600. This is probably the reason some websites are selling German models, saves 'm €200 for exactly the same tv.

I'm going to the Panasonic showroom tomorrow to have a look at the new models to see which one will suit me best. Hopefully I can get some more information about the release of the 600 series, if I do I'll post it tomorrow evening.

I've been in the Panasonic showroom this afternoon and I must say their plasmas are awesome. I tested Collateral on both LCD and plasma and the plasmas won it fair and square.

However I'm sad to say that neither the 37PV60 or the 37PV600 are available at the time. The 60 will be available in a couple of weeks, whilst the 600 should be released somewhere mid May, but only in limited numbers, which means you can only get one from the "premium" Panasonic dealers (read: expensive). I didn't ask too much about the 42" models cause those are too big for my room, but they do seem easier to get a hold of cause Panasonic focuses more on the 42" market.

The panel used for both the 60 and 600 is exactly the same, so both have the same excellent image quality. The design of the 600 is far superiour and it does have some extra features (better sound, PiP, SDcard), however I'm not sure this justifies the extra €600.

Still the fact remains I can't buy either of the models yet, which is annoying to say the least.

I couldn"t wait for the PX600 as Panasonic said " Some time this summer" so ordered the 42PHD8 on Tues and it came yesterday.

Japan on 15th April, France 1st May and German 1st June.

I'm guessing May for the UK

Speaking to a Panasonic rep in JL Bluewater yesterday, I was told the 600 will definitely be available by end of May.

However, he also told me that I should be looking at LCDs in the 37"-42" range rather than a Plasma and was somewhat suprised when I pointed out that Panasonic don't make an LCD larger than 32".

I have a feeling he had borrowed the "Viera" T-shirt from a friend, stumbled into JL and was just happy that so many people wanted to talk to him. :D

verrellg said:
I have a feeling he had borrowed the "Viera" T-shirt from a friend, stumbled into JL and was just happy that so many people wanted to talk to him. :D

Reminds me of the George Weah's cousin and Southampton FC story...but thats:offtopic:

have been waiting for this to release for a long time now... has this model started selling in other suropean countries yet.... does anyone know if it will be available in early may in the uk. still not on any websites....

david_lee said:
have been waiting for this to release for a long time now... has this model started selling in other suropean countries yet.... does anyone know if it will be available in early may in the uk. still not on any websites....

The earliest you will see this in Europe is 1st May. Your unlikely to know more until then because the UK Panasonic website is always a couple of weeks behind the pace.

I got an email reply from Panasonic saying that the 42" 600 will not be available in the UK until September

aajones said:
I got an email reply from Panasonic saying that the 42" 600 will not be available in the UK until September

:eek: It is on the other major Panny European sites as being out on 1st May &/or 1st June so I'd be surprised if another market (i.e. UK) is so far behind.

But you going to tell me it was an e-mail direct from Panasonic. When some members were picking up their PX60 from John Lewis earlier in the year there was one member that received an e-mail from Panasonic that was adamant their were none in the country :rolleyes:

Suggest you wait until 1st May and then decide.

My local Panny shop told me July :D

lot of european websites are already listing 42px600 on their site for ordering, some sites even say availablity very soon... so i hope we get it in may... cant wait longer than that :)

Below is a copy of the email from panasonic. I hope you guys are right and it comes out much sooner. . .

"ISSUE RESOLUTION: Dear Mr Jones,

Thank you for your e-mail enquiry.
In response, I would explain that at this time it is not released however We launch a series of products later in the year. The next of those products are to be introduced in September. We will not receive any further information regarding new releases until that time.

We trust that the above information will be of assistance to you. However, of course, if you should have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us on 08705 357357 or email us using the following email
address:

[email protected]

Kind regards

Customer Support"

aajones said:
In response, I would explain that at this time it is not released however We launch a series of products later in the year.

Typical non-reply from a support department. They are mixing up two different things. Purposely , because they do not want to answer your question.

The correct answer:

1) We don't have a clue at which date the 42PX600 will be available in the shops as we are only a call-center and don't ever get such information.

2) Panasonic will announce new products in September. This, however, is irrelevant to your question because the 42PX600 has already been announced and Panasonic doesn't have the habit of announcing the same product twice.

Pfff... Support people.... :rolleyes: :suicide:

Is the launch likely to drive the PX60 price down a little?

danluton said:
Is the launch likely to drive the PX60 price down a little?

I think the 42PX60PED's will soon be under £1500 from some online retailers and a distinct possibilty of JL pricematching at that level - that's when I will bite!

Already 42PX60E's are going for as little as £1300 in Germany - so I'm convinced UK pricing will drop a little further.

Don't believe the folks saying the World Cup event will increase prices - the market trend will be for pricing to fall whatever.

The premium for the PX600 really isn't worth it for me!

Gussie :)

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom