Ex Member
Reaction score
Ride the lighting
Master of puppets
Justice for all
Black album

Load and Reload had a few good ones

Always my favorite ever
Just such intricate rifts and complexity and terrific profound lyrics with that famous song build up and insane intensity
They must have over 50 songs I consider awesome

I just wish I went to more concerts as I had the money and time . I regret it

I love all Cliff era Metallica but can live without the rest. I was listening to Puppets earlier today when out for a walk and that intro to Battery still takes me back to when I was a young teenager in the 80's. A very strange feeling that memories or pictures can't recreate.

I was actually joking with my mum the other day when I told her the biggest mistake she made in my upbringing was not allowing me to go and see them at Hammersmith in 86, only days before Cliffs death. It still upsets me to this day!

I love all Cliff era Metallica but can live without the rest. I was listening to Puppets earlier today when out for a walk and that intro to Battery still takes me back to when I was a young teenager in the 80's. A very strange feeling that memories or pictures can't recreate.

I was actually joking with my mum the other day when I told her the biggest mistake she made in my upbringing was not allowing me to go and see them at Hammersmith in 86, only days before Cliffs death. It still upsets me to this day!
Not to rub salt in the wound, but that Hammersmith show was my first (of many) Metallica concerts. Only 16 at the time. It was an odd one, as James still had his arm in plaster, so not playing guitar. Seen them so many times now I've lost count, but count myself very lucky to be able to say I saw them as I say "When they were Metallica". Treated myself to my first tattoo for my 50th last year. Got "Scary Guy".

Not to rub salt in the wound, but that Hammersmith show was my first (of many) Metallica concerts. Only 16 at the time. It was an odd one, as James still had his arm in plaster, so not playing guitar. Seen them so many times now I've lost count, but count myself very lucky to be able to say I saw them as I say "When they were Metallica". Treated myself to my first tattoo for my 50th last year. Got "Scary Guy".

Yeah I remember the photos of the arm in plaster in Kerrang at the time. I would still love to have been there though! I was lucky enough to go to the secret gig at the 100 Club the following year which was great but obviously no Cliff. I think that was my first small venue gig and it was about a billion degrees that day so it wasn't the nicest experience being in that tiny, packed room but still an amazing day. Saw them twice more at Hammersmith in 88 but lost interest in them after that.

I've been a big Metallica fan since the beginning, I've lost count the number of times I've seen them; from the 100 club to Wembley stadium, from New York to London and Singapore. Yes there has been some right turkeys along the way but still one of the best live acts out there.

When they are good they are truly one of the best bands. Consistency has always plagued them. I thought it was all well and truly over with Load/reload and then the risible St. Anger but then "Death Magnetic" came out and it was glorious riffs and tunes all over again and a great tour. "Hard-wired to self destruct" has a few good moments but alas suffers from load/reload bloat. Havn't heard S&M2 yet but I confess I was never a massive fan of the concept as introduced the first time around.

Who are Metallica?

Sorry, couldn't resist. Bit of a Mogwai fan joke there.

Seen them a few times, probably my fav was Milton Keynes Bowl in 91.

30 years ago 😱

Anyone listened to the Blacklist?

For me Mac DeMarco, Ghost, Royal Blood, Corey Taylor, The Hu, Milley Cryrus & Rodrigo y Gabriela stand out as favourites

First saw them on the "Justice" tour in '88 in the US. Loved Puppets as a teenager, must have worn that tape out. I remember while learning to play guitar how amazed I was at the rhythm playing of Whiplash....how could anyone play that fast ..LOL

Seen them a fair few times,.....Black tour, Load tour, Reload tour, Death Magnetic tour, hardwired tour (amazing lighting) and Donnington. When they play in the round its great rather than stadium shows.

Always enjoy them and now my 12 year old is getting into them !

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom