Any MAME/JAMMA experts here?!

Discussion in 'PC Gaming & Rigs' started by Waka, Jun 2, 2004.

1. Waka

Waka
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I wasn't sure whether to post this in the retogaming forum, but I saw that gthom3 posted here today and he mentions his Jamma cab in his sig :)
    I've got an old pc (500Mhz Athlon 256MB ram) with an Ulitmarc ArcadeVGA card and a J-PAC into an old Streetfighter cabinet.
    I can get the display working fine on the computer monitor and the arcade monitor works fine with the Streetfighter board in there - but when I put the pc in the arcade cabinet, the display is unreadable. I've tried changing the dip-switches on the J-PAC and I'm sure the graphics card drivers are ok, but I just get a 'smeary' display that's unreadable.
    I've also got an old rage 128 pro which is supposed to be up to the job, but the display is the same.

Have I done something really obviously stupid?

Help and thanks!

W.

2. Sinzer

Sinzer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,117
    http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=ultimarc

Here are the official forums, don't know if you have tried there?

Sounds like it is a resolution problem, which is strange with the ArcadeVGA card as it is only supposed to display in 15Khz at proper res. Sounds like it could be a connection problem, have you tried another lead?

I doubt it is drivers as you should see the PC boot-up screen, this does not relie on windows drivers and so it would indicate a hardware fault (either cable or card).