Any LG BD530 owners?

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by probedb, Nov 28, 2010.

1. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    I just bought a region A player from amazon.com which is winging it's way to me now.

I wondered if anyone had any experience of them? They seem to get good reviews and seeing as it cost me £76 for everything including a customs charge I figured why not :) There's various Region A only titles I'd like.

2. Meneldur

Meneldur
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi!
    I bought a BD530 for Xmas at Amazon.com. I live in Argentina and it was a good deal despite customs and transportation.
    It's a very good player for its price. I have not tested it thoroughly but I can tell you the BD quality is very good, with nice picture quality at 1080p, quick boot time and good options for navigating, marking and playing. DVD quality is good, not awesome. Upscaling tends to sharpen excessively sometimes, increasing artifacts or noice, but reducing sharpness helps somewhat.
    I'm looking for a hack to make the DVD region-free, but nothing appeared so far. I noticed some vendors started ofering the BD530 free-zone in my country, so there's a way.
    My two cents.

3. probedb

probedb
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +180
    Cheers for the info :) I've got a few discs to test it with now so will be over the next few weeks.