Any LCD PJ's to get excited about in 2010?

Duke

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I've been trawling the internet looking for any new (Budget) Hi-Def, LCD, PJ's which I hope will be flooding the market sometime in the next 6 months or so (that's when I should be able to afford one).

As I'm on a 1000 quid budget there are only two real front runners at the moment

Epson TW2900
Sanyo PLVZ700

Both highly rated and evenly matched (21-22 db noise, 2/3 year warranty, weight, throw etc. etc.) But I thought I heard/read somewhere that 2010 is the year where many more quality 1080p machines would find their way into the budget end of the market (1K) so I'm hoping someone might be able to give me a heads-up on any new PJ's on the horizon...

They must be quiet (low 20's db), LCD (as I fear the rainbow), and there will be NO GAMING - I just want it for films so the more naturally cinematic the picture better.

Cheers anyone who can help...

Sorry mate! the only rumoured new LCD PJs will possibly be from Sanyo, although its vapourware at the moment. Panasonic and Epson have their new ranges out as do Sony, (SXRD). Mitsubishi seem to have given up their budget LCD PJ (HC5500) in favour of DLP (HC3800). New PJs tend to come out in September at the Cedia show in America.:thumbsdow

New PJs tend to come out in September at the Cedia show in America.:thumbsdow

I was hoping I'd missed something...I was expecting more from the Las Vegas event earlier this month but it was all 3D hyperbole...which I don't expect to be upgrading to as I've already started the 1080 upgrade process (amp/blu-ray/Sky-HD/HDTV...saving for the projector now(the final piece) which doesn't look like happening 'til summer anyway.

Cheers for the info anyway...

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom