1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Latest comments on these 2 TV sets

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Rookies, Jan 4, 2003.

1. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    I am thinking of buying one of these tv set. But I have heard some good comments aswell as bad. Just wonder if anything had improved since which I doubt.

The tv are

Sony KV32FQ80
    Panasonic TX32PH40

Cheers in advance

2. paulsheerin

paulsheerin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I did think of getting the PH40 but it was a little over my budget.

From what I saw in the shops it seemed very good & I reckon its one of the most aesthetically pleasing sets around. would have looked the business in my living room.

Whats the best price you've seen for it btw?

3. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    Paul yes I agree the panny looks a nice set it looks the dogs. I pretty like it very much and I have had a look at one working and it seem very good. I even went into the menu of this tv and there was a flicker option i turned it off and the screen flickers a bit like we all see and when i turn it back on the screen is sharp and nice picture and no flicker.

The price off my head I think i seen this for is around the 1100 mark but cant remeber for sure. What the cheapist you seen this for paul?

Here are a few things people told me in shops but i dont know if it true which put me off the panny just incase I needed the feature

Is that the sony FQ80 let me switch between 50hz to 100hz just incase i need to go to 50hz for sports like football as I am into sports.

And the panny does not have this feature but i felt that turning the flicker free option off it would do the trick but aint sure

Any ideas folks

4. paulsheerin

paulsheerin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The best price I saw was £1150 on the net.

I read many posts about problems watching footy @ 100hz and it did put me off a bit so I too was looking for a set that could switch between 50/100hz.

In the end I could find one that I liked within budget so went for the FX66.

I have been watching footy all weekend from the FA Cup BBC to German & Spanish Footy on Digital Satellite and the picture is fine. No smudges smears or comet trails as I could see anyway.

5. Rookies

Rookies

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +344
    What setting did you use then? Did you leave it as 100hz or did you set it at 50hz for the sports?