Question Any known Q9FN and Sky Q lip sync issues?

Discussion in 'Samsung TVs Forum' started by breadmaker6, Aug 30, 2018.

1. breadmaker6

breadmaker6

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +724
    Hi all,

I currently have a LG C8 OLED TV that has an issue with picture before sound lip sync, when fed a Dolby sound signal from the Sky Q box.

LG have told me that it is a incompatibility issue between Sky and their TV. But cannot tell me if or when they, or Sky, will fix it.

So my retailer has agreed to take the TV back and purchase another model. They have also offered me a very good deal on this Samsung Q9FN set. However they have also said that the issue i am reporting is a known SKY Q issue accross other manufacturers sets.

Therefore i am hoping that there maybe a few Q9FN owners on here to reassure me that this TV is not one of them! As i know if I take it, the retailer will not swap it again for the same reason.

My set up will be -

Sky Q to Q9FN via HDMI. With UHD and Dolby sound settings. Output to Sonos Playbar setup via Optical.

I am hoping that it works OK. So i can spend time watching TV without seeing someones mouth not moving, but words still coming out!

Thanks in advance.

2. Teaboat

Teaboat
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I purchased a Samsung Q9FN about 3 weeks ago along with a Samsung HW-N950 soundbar. Last weekend upgraded to Sky Q and getting loads of lipsyn issues went playing sound through the soundbar. It is unusable. I am afraid that changing TV wont solve your lip sync issues.

3. JayCee

JayCee
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,516
    Have you tried adjusting the HDMI delay setting within the Sky box sound settings?