Any know if a wired mains plug in speaker with sd card slot exists

stoneflower

Novice Member
Hi so I have a speaker problem, I live with lots of noisy neighbours so get to sleep playing howling wind on a 8 hour mp3 files (prefer it over whitenoise but same kind of thing to distract me from the noises around)

I've been using a neocore WAVE A2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker and have the mp3 file on a sd card that I slot into the speaker, this works great but have to charge the speaker each week it has 60 hours playback from a charge which is amazing but each time I charge it it seems to take longer, think I might be wasting through the battery each time I charge it.

What I'm looking for is a speaker or even a bedside radio that is mains powered and can plug in wall socket but with a sd card slot. I looked and looked for hours but don't seem to be able to find any wired speakers with sd card slot, seems like the world has gone portable speaker mad but with so many devices charging all the time I would of hoped someone would also come out with a mains powered speaker.

Anyone know of a such a speaker on the market or a solution, be so grateful.

Sandman

Distinguished Member
Cant you listen to it while it charges? Or you could try an echo device. I’m sure these can play that type of sound to help you sleep.

stoneflower

Novice Member
Cant you listen to it while it charges? Or you could try an echo device. I’m sure these can play that type of sound to help you sleep.

Yeah if I can't find a main powered one I'll have to, I know it sounds daft but so used a sleep machine and didn't get on with it, seemed more on a loop, this howling wind I listen to I'm so used to now I'd rather stick to it as its just 8 hours recording and sounds natural not on a loop.

DevCode

I'm sure the Google mini plays sleep sounds direct, saving the need for an sd slot. Plus you can set a timer to turn off

stoneflower

Novice Member
Is this mains powered or wireless and need charging?
Also does it play direct from youtube as the howling wind is on youtube.

shotokan101

Banned

stoneflower

Novice Member
I'm sure the Google mini plays sleep sounds direct, saving the need for an sd slot. Plus you can set a timer to turn off

Is this mains powered or wireless and need charging?
Also does it play direct from youtube as the howling wind is on youtube.

shotokan101

Banned
Looks good but sadly, wireless again though, after a mains powered one really as I've already got a wireless speaker.

No - can be used while permanently connected to USB mains charger.....

stoneflower

Novice Member
Thanks guys.

Yeah but the one I have is a also a usb charger speaker, I just read somewhere the other day you shouldn't leave these usb charger cables plugged into a speaker all night everynight, thats what made me think I need to find a mains powered speaker. Also what would happen to the battery if I charged every night.

stiv674

That reminds me, I've got a Roberts Colourstream DAB radio that I need to advertise, has USB input but SD card to USB adapters are available, might be a possibility...

shotokan101

Banned
Thanks guys.

Yeah but the one I have is a also a usb charger speaker, I just read somewhere the other day you shouldn't leave these usb charger cables plugged into a speaker all night everynight, thats what made me think I need to find a mains powered speaker. Also what would happen to the battery if I charged every night.
Shouldn't normally be a problem - especially if the speaker is actually in use - don't you leave your phone on charge?

cosmicma

what about a sound bar ?
mains input and most have bluetooth , usb and or sd card inputs

plenty to choose from

Chadford

Distinguished Member
I've been using a neocore WAVE A2 Portable Bluetooth Speaker and have the mp3 file on a sd card that I slot into the speaker, this works great but have to charge the speaker each week it has 60 hours playback from a charge which is amazing but each time I charge it it seems to take longer, think I might be wasting through the battery each time I charge it.

Can you just leave your neocore plugged in 24/7? Does it still work whilst on charge?
Have you contacted neocore to see if this is OK to do?

Contact details here...
About neocore — neocore.store

:)

The latest video from AVForums

AVForums Movies Podcast: Streaming Theatrical Releases And The Future Of Cinema
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Latest News

AVForums Movies Podcast: 1st December 2021
  • By Phil Hinton
  • Published
Rumour: Samsung even closer to OLED TVs in 2022?
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Audio-Technica launches ATH-SQ1TW true wireless earphones
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
What's new on UK streaming services for December 2021
  • By Andy Bassett
  • Published
Best Projectors of 2021 - Editor's Choice Awards
  • By Steve Withers
  • Published

Full fat HDMI teeshirts