1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any kind person willing to burn HD discs to sample.

Discussion in 'TVs' started by leedsfireman, Jun 8, 2004.

1. leedsfireman

leedsfireman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    Hi, i'm stuggling to get to grips with downloading all these pars , rars, .ts and all the others that go over my head. Is any kind person willing to burn me some of there HD collection & i will surley compensate them for there time. Please drop me a pm if you can.
    Thanks,
    Andy

2. sirees01

sirees01

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Me too, just bought a 434HDE & I want to see what all the fuss about HDTV is all about.
    I have no idea how to download these files & put them all together business :eek: can someone get a DVD to me & all costs will be met.
    Got to try & justify the expense of the 434 to the missus, I hope a HDTV DVD will do it.
    BTW: I don't have a HDMI dvd player either does that matter ???

3. Messiah

Messiah

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +339
    Currently, you can only view HDTV material (.ts and WM9 .avi files) on a PC (either on the PC monitor {not much point} or an attached display device {plasma/projector]).

You cannot use a standard DVD player. Later this year we should start to see DVD players with WM9 playback capability.

4. Jackass

Jackass

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +612
    Just curious but why are Windows Hi-Def files (eg LOTR TTT) compiled as .AVI files?
    I thought it would have been .wmv :confused:

Steve