Any JVC HD1 owners have this problem?

drummerjohn

I just got my HD1 yesterday and found it to be awesome. Just one thing though...

On a black screen I get what looks like light leaking through on the corners of the image. The attachment will show you what I mean. Its not as extreme as that but it's to illustrate what I mean. Any one else get this?

Attachments

• JVC HD1.jpg
    JVC HD1.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 123

sniffer66

Distinguished Member
Yup, I get light-ish corners on a fade to black. Its a known issue and has been mentioned here and on AVS. I did read that it improves over time but I dont think mine has in 200 hours. I also read that some units have it worse than others.

TBH, alrhough its noticeable you only ever see if briefly and its never ruined my enjoyment of the PJ

Avi

Distinguished Member
I just got my HD1 yesterday and found it to be awesome. Just one thing though...

On a black screen I get what looks like light leaking through on the corners of the image. The attachment will show you what I mean. Its not as extreme as that but it's to illustrate what I mean. Any one else get this?

Yes the bright corners is a known issue with black uniformity. It hadn't gone away on my unit at ~800 hours.

AVI

Avi

Distinguished Member
I've got excellent uniformity on mine. I literally have to stare at a black screen for minutes to even begin to see slight corner brightness. I never notice it during normal use. And my room is essentially a batcave.

My room is also a batcave but it doesn' take more than a few seconds to notice. I guess it varies from unit to unit and maybe even person to person. It's only an issue in really low APL scenes or fade to black.

AVI

drummerjohn

Thanks peeps. I agree that it isn't a distraction in normal viewing. Not as bad a all the dust blobs I kept getting with my Pana AE2000s - man that was bad.

JamesBaby

Yes the bright corners is a known issue with black uniformity. It hadn't gone away on my unit at ~800 hours.

AVI

Hi

Just a quick one if you don't mind. Please can you please tell me how to check how many hours the lamp has done. I tried the service menu etc but can't seem to find it anywhere?

Thanks in advance
:)

Avi

Distinguished Member
Hi

Just a quick one if you don't mind. Please can you please tell me how to check how many hours the lamp has done. I tried the service menu etc but can't seem to find it anywhere?

Thanks in advance
:)

It's in the "info" option of the normal user menu.

AVI

Zag

I've got excellent uniformity on mine. I literally have to stare at a black screen for minutes to even begin to see slight corner brightness. I never notice it during normal use. And my room is essentially a batcave.

Ditto.

Avi

Distinguished Member
There certainly seems to be some variation from unit to unit. Mine was one of the early shipments.

Mine was also amongst the early shipments Feb 07. I checked a few units with the dealer and chose the one that appeared the best in terms of uniformity, MC etc. I know first hand there is a unit to unit variance.

AVI

JamesBaby

It's in the "info" option of the normal user menu.

AVI

Ok. so now I feel silly. I was trying too hard.:blush:

Thanks though.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom