Any issues with AVR 350?

tomaume

Standard Member
I have had mine for almost 3 weeks now and no issues whatsoever. Fantastic reciever, totally destroyed my old HK avr 7500.

schiremath

I have had AVR350 about 2 weeks back and quite happy with its performance.
No problems/ issues whatso ever.

Mofar

Standard Member
Great receiver but keep in mind when changing input, a slight 'plop' can be heard. It's not a fault, it's the design of the receiver.

cheechy

Crustyloafer said:
None here whatsoever. Fantastic machine.

Chris - I would trust your valued opinion on this new receiver.
Is it a significant improvement / step up from the 300 and will I be able to live with a single amp solution over the stereo bi-amp I've got to the MA GS Centre I have just now?

I'm looking to replace the Yamaha 630 and Pioneer stereo amp combo and am looking to improve the sound across all channels (apart from the front where the MF A3.5 isnt going to be beaten I'd wager). I suspect that its a no-brainer when considering the back three speakers in my 6.1 system...

Have you got one of these beasties in just now?

I'm not looking to buy right now but probably in the next 4 months (read in 4 months time :rolleyes: )

edit : sorry for the slight highjack nicholas but you may interested in some of the replies as well? :thumbsup:

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
cheechy said:
Chris - I would trust your valued opinion on this new receiver.
Is it a significant improvement / step up from the 300 and will I be able to live with a single amp solution over the stereo bi-amp I've got to the MA GS Centre I have just now?

I'm looking to replace the Yamaha 630 and Pioneer stereo amp combo and am looking to improve the sound across all channels (apart from the front where the MF A3.5 isnt going to be beaten I'd wager). I suspect that its a no-brainer when considering the back three speakers in my 6.1 system...

Have you got one of these beasties in just now?

I'm not looking to buy right now but probably in the next 4 months (read in 4 months time :rolleyes: )

edit : sorry for the slight highjack nicholas but you may interested in some of the replies as well? :thumbsup:

Cheechy,

I hope the GS10s are still doing well. Nice to hear from you.

The difference is night and day, I couldn't believe it when I moved to the AVR350, I didn't expect that much of an improvement.

The AVR350 is unlikely to give your A3.5 much competition, but for AV purposes I think you will be blown away.

O

ondavid

phenominal machine. more than i could have hoped for.just hoping to work out the "kinks" in my 137 and life will be perfect;)

BrianC

Had mine for about a month now and I'm very pleased, just the usual Arcam poor IR remote reception.

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
BrianC said:
Had mine for about a month now and I'm very pleased, just the usual Arcam poor IR remote reception.

Buy yourself a Xantech Dinkylink and plug it inot the back of the unit and you'll be able to point the remote almost anywhere and it will work. These are absolutely superb IR receivers. You can then daisy chain any other Arcam components from the IR output on the AVR350 and control them with the same sensitivity.

You want th get the 'Quick Connect' version which has the 3.5mm plugs fitted already. The codes are the '480B-30' and the '480W-30).

LFCRules

I'll 2nd that on the dinkylinks, got one myself :) Amazing piece of equipment, something so small, but perfect in design, if a little expensive. But worth every penny in my book :smashin:

Crustyloafer

Distinguished Member
I agree that on paper they seem a little expensive, but oh man do they work well. You can even hide them behind the grilles on your speakers and they work faultlessly. I wonder how they manage to make them so sensitive, every other IR receiver pales in comparison.

The latest video from AVForums

Star Wars Andor, Woman King, more Star Trek 4K, Rings of Power & the latest TV, movies & 4K releases
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom