1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any iRiver 340 owners here?

Discussion in 'Headphones, Earphones & Portable Music' started by johnaalex, Oct 17, 2005.

1. johnaalex

johnaalex
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    As I am looking for a 40gig machine and I do not want an iPod the iRiver seems a good bet, but I would like to hear comments form any owners on how good the 340 sounds.

TIA

2. Tejstar

Tejstar

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,005
    Well I have a 320 and think it sounds great. However, I download MP3's at 320 given that my sister has an ipod means I can't download using WMA. I imagine it would sound even better if used WMA!

3. SeedyR

SeedyR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +705
    I have a H340 and love it. Yes it is a bit bulkier than an ipod and the lack of a wheel makes it slower to operate, but i'd still go a for an iriver over an ipod any day. Sound is excellent, and it has a good range of features (radio, dictaphone, photo viewer etc) Another thing worth mentioning is how much better the screen is comapred to an ipod photo (256k vs 65k) it makes such a difference! Mistic river is a good site to brush up on all your iriver knowledge, but if you have any question please feel free to ask here.

Craig

4. johnaalex

johnaalex
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,425
    The 340 is looking like it will get my vote.

Craigy Boy - does the shuffle play option work with playlists and/or genres as per MP3 tag? Also does sleep timer work with shuffle mode?

TIA

John

5. Ragnarok

Ragnarok

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +138
    I've got a Iriver H340 and it kicks ass.

The Mp3 tags will only work if you make and keep upto date the players DB and there are app's to do that. The Sleep timer works whatever.

The sound quality is spot on and they give you relativly good earphones with it( well about as good as you are going to get given but you will have to spend £50 or more for better). It is bulker than most players and even the H320. and you can even use the H1x0 LCD remotes with it if thats somthing you want too.

6. KAZER

KAZER

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +27
    Hi

My dads got one of these and he swears by it, not the most stylish but does what its supposed to do v well and is v easy to use and altogether has a much more solid feel about it then any iPod. This coming from an early iPod adoptor.

Only problem he has ever had with it is he doesn't like the headphones but I think that just him I have listened to and they sounded fine to me but that is a prblem easily solved.

:thumbsup:

KAZER

7. marck

marck
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have an H340 The sound quality of the iRiver is excellent. As others have stated it is not small and maybe not the best user interface, but what it is good at is music replay.

I am using Shure E2C headphones - I always think it is worth investing in some good headphones.

Also, having the 40Gb allows you to rip and transfer at 320kbps - so that also helps.
    Cheers
    Marc.