Any information on the Hisense U8B TV?

I start a DV movie on Netflix and as soon as I press the OK button to start the movie, I press the Menu-Button on the remote and try to get to the menu asap, before the TV changes into DV-mode. I tried this a few times and and one point I got a short delay before the movie started so I could easily get into the menu.
I also run Version L0319.
It is possible, but I guess you need a little bit of luck.

EDIT: You shouldn't really start the movie, just get to the window where Netflix automatically starts to play the movie, the TV should go into DV-mode and there is this slight delay between the movie starting and you pressing ok, so you can navigate to the menu.

Hi gr1sh, I have finally got it done. First of all, switched Warm color to Cold, that was very bothering for me. Then immediately switched ON Ultra Motion with custom settings...I really wanted to do that. I have also tampered with some other setttings. It was fun, and now DV runs like it should have, a long long time ago! thanks to you! so thanks again For sharing gr1sh ! NICE TRICK !!!! ;) 🙏 🙏 You da man!

Last edited:
Hello, I'm new here but I have been following you for a long time, I wanted to express my discontent with this TV, regarding the updates now stopped, I had read that it was updated to Vidaa 5.0, seen all the new TVs that come out with this release, hoping that they solve the Netflix problems with Dolby Vision, too bad because the TV is really good, but on the update side I am disappointed.
In my opinion, if they had used Android TV, it would have been better, so as to update the apps independently and have a better use.
Anyone know if Vidaa 5.0 will ever come out? If I sent an email to Hisense support, I would be sure of an unsatisfactory response.
I'm sorry for my english
Good day everyone

Currently Version L0319

Last edited:
H65U8B new Software available, I tested it for me this is the best software. I'm owner of this TV for 1 year.... :)

Thanks for the information, I'm downloading it and trying it on my H55U8B (A190409) HDR10 + YES

Update done, but Netflix situation unchanged, so if I listen in bluetooth headphones, I always feel shots / freezer, both in voice and on video, instead if I connect Fire TV everything works fine smoothly ..
Regarding Dolby Vision I could not see if they fixed it as I changed Netflix subscription in HD and not 4K (I had done this test to see if the shooting / freezer problem appeared in HD too)

As I know this software is only for H65U8B, in the download sector for h55u8b there is the old firmware...

Installed the L0715 on my H55U8B even though it was at the 65 folder. It works fine. I just saw that now Netflix shows 5.1 icon apart from dobly vision! This was not showing previously.

Guys I don't have 55" inches!!! I use only my 65" with this software I'm very satisfied...Now this TV H65U8B runs perfect...I don't wont another Smart TV anymore...Remember every new device has problems, if I pay a lot of money for another and it don't runs like I desire I have more headcache...!!!

Hi guys.

I already tried some other L 0715 firmware like... 2 months ago and I remember Dolby Vision lacked subtitles while playing from USB. So, it was a No Go for me. This issue was FIXED in previous L0319 version. So, could someone tell me if it is the same problem with this firmware update too? I really want to enjoy DV movies with subs via USB as well as from Netflix app... And I don't want to make another downgrade right now...
Thanks

Did you install the software for the 65 inches to your 55 inches? I have 55 as well. if you had no problem I will try it as well. Thank you
There is no problem if you install it on 55". My problem is that this new firmware didn't show subtitles on DV Movies played via USB. Very annoying for me. I have been waiting almost 2 years for this fix.... That was almost 2 months ago when I first received this update from Hisense. It didn't work for me. So I rolled back to L0319...

There is no problem if you install it on 55". My problem is that this new firmware didn't show subtitles on DV Movies played via USB. Very annoying for me. I have been waiting almost 2 years for this fix.... That was almost 2 months ago when I first received this update from Hisense. It didn't work for me. So I rolled back to L0319...
I will try tomorrow. Now that you say it, I ate some problems with subs after the update. Buying one movie they showed up after like 5 minutes so it may need more time to read them. I will check it tomorrow and come back. No problem with Netflix so far though. Will see again via the USB and Dolby vision.

Back again. So here is what happens with this update. All subs play normally. I downloaded hdr, Atmos and many other movies. The subtitles have no problems. The problem is that all show English in the list. For example the list to choose base names: English 1, English 2, English 3 etc not all are English so you have to choose every subtitle to check which one is English. That's a little inconvenient. Other than that subs play normally. Me personally, I will keep this update because I have better sound with my 5.1 system. I don't know how this happened.

So L0319 or L0715 ??? now at K1218
I personally choose to stay with L 0319. As I have been informed, L 0715 brings "only a small fix: disorderly sorting of the TIVUSAT channel list in Italy" Other than that, no improvements were highlighted. I sure hope there will be another upgrade soon. Still hoping for a better Netflix app, fixes for DV various formats via USB

I personally choose to stay with L 0319. As I have been informed, L 0715 brings "only a small fix: disorderly sorting of the TIVUSAT channel list in Italy" Other than that, no improvements were highlighted. I sure hope there will be another upgrade soon. Still hoping for a better Netflix app, fixes for DV various formats via USB
I think there will be an update in view of adding Disney + to the home.
Now I am with L0715, Compared to L0319, I only noticed that first, once reset and proceeding with installation, Netflix started in English, now with L0715 it started with my language (Italian)

I installed this L0804, link from 4pda, however I still noticed stuttering with Netflix, if anyone can check if there have been improvements
Netflix In this version can you confirm me if it is the same as L0319 or L0715?

Thanks

Update, I reply, I surrender! Not happy with this situation on this TV!
For safety I went back to the L0319, honestly I saw something that I did not like with the L804, especially in the quality of the colors.

The Netflix version in the L0319 is the same as the L0804, so the stuttering situation remains the same with bluetooth headphones, instead with a 4k android box or a tv stick, everything works fine and smoothly.
In Dolby Vision when I enter the video settings of the TV it gives me only 2 options: Dolby Vision Light and Dark

If anyone needs the Rollback procedure:
THE USB PORTS MUST ALL BE FREE!
... to go back, it is
FAT32 flash required (it seems they don't recommend more than 16 gigabytes) - firmware file
with the bin extension on the USB flash drive (what will be downloaded is a triple archive ... and * .bin needs to be extracted and renamed to MstarUpgrade.bin) -
switch off the TV from the socket, insert the flash into the USB connector -
connect the TV to the socket, point the remote control at the IR port, press the remote control power button (hold down) and wait for the firmware procedure to start ... release the button ... - the
the program will run .. the TV will restart ..

---- PERFORM a factory reset -
........ rule EVERYTHING again for yourself ..........

Attachments

• IMG20211028224827.jpg
    IMG20211028224827.jpg
    178.1 KB · Views: 156
Last edited:
Went with the L0715 , truth is that I didn't notice anything different than the K1218 ... I will stop bothering until a MAJOR upgrade drops .

Also thinking about doing a report to my local authorities (they have a customer protection program ) about my retailer promoting the TV as Alexa ready , but Alexa doesn't work here in Greece . The TV says that Alexa is not supported in Greece .

I also bought the 5year insurance from the retailer , I may be able to squeeze them for a replacement from Hisense new lineup ...

I will be keeping you updated ...

I installed this L0804, link from 4pda, however I still noticed stuttering with Netflix, if anyone can check if there have been improvements
Netflix In this version can you confirm me if it is the same as L0319 or L0715?
Where exactly did you get the L804 update from? From the russian site? Is it official? More important, Is it safe? I have accessed the site but couldn't find the right topic. Yes, I guess you made the right choice coming back to L0319. Netflix is the same after that particular update

Where exactly did you get the L804 update from? From the russian site? Is it official? More important, Is it safe? I have accessed the site but couldn't find the right topic. Yes, I guess you made the right choice coming back to L0319. Netflix is the same after that particular update
Yes from the Russian site, I called Hisense support and they will send me the firmware via email, they told me the last one in their possession that is L0715, already said my complaints and that I have already tried with it (L0715)
If I had the chance to make this TV I would have done it already! If I can ever sell Hisense but LG OLED55C14LB again

Heard the Hisense assistance, I exposed the problem, they sent me the latest firmware their possession (L0715) which would be what we talked about here, nothing the problem always remains the same!
Purchased Fire TV Stick 4K Max, Hi Hisense, now some relaxation

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom