Quantcast

Any information on the Hisense U8B TV?

chuddy86

Novice Member
I've just got it today we'll impressed with it for the price. Just need help to twerk a few picture settings. Paid £609 for the 55 inch and honestly it looks better than my old b6 Oled

chuddy86

Novice Member
I've just got it today we'll impressed with it for the price. Just need help to twerk a few picture settings. Paid £609 for the 55 inch and honestly it looks better than my old b6 Oled
Sorry I've got the u7b 55 inch I mean

chuddy86

Novice Member
Hisense H65U8B ULED 4K TV im Test | Produkttest24.com - Test und Rezensionen zu Elektronik Produkten

Found this review when looking up this TV. Isn't as in-depth as an AV Forums review, so probably not useful to those who want to know precisely what it can do, but it seems to be well thought of here.
Cheers mate I really don't know what to do . The u7b is definitely going back it's got worse as the week has gone on but I'm torn between the Panasonic 58 gx800b and the u8b now . ..

dennett316

Cheers mate I really don't know what to do . The u7b is definitely going back it's got worse as the week has gone on but I'm torn between the Panasonic 58 gx800b and the u8b now . ..
That's the two I'm down to as well. I'm leaning towards the Hisense for the increased brightness and 100hz panel, but it's a bit of a gamble on a brand I've not experienced before. I've seen a few reports about issues, but people on here have had issues with pretty much all the major brands in terms of banding, clouding, dirty screen effect etc. It's a lottery whoever you go with.
Hopefully I get a bit more bang for my buck and the Hisense turns out fine. If not, then the Panasonic will be waiting.

Jackopeng

Standard Member
Yeah that’s why I’m waiting for some more information from somewhere a review or something would be nice but the lack of info is annoying

BoilingHotTakes

Novice Member
I'm waiting to read some more on the UB8 too. Looks great on paper but want to see some decent reviews before pulling the trigger!

dennett316

Would really like to know if the 1000nits claim is true. Really hoping the reviewers here take a look at it. I'd really like a site that looks at the more mid-range stuff in general rather than focusing on top spec OLEDS and such...all the review sites do that. It can be really frustrating looking for info on sets like these.

dennett316

Thanks for posting that review...it made up my mind for me to go for the Panasonic GX800. It was a toss up between the two, and the peak brightness being better on the Panny, and a few extra inches of screen, pretty much sealed it.
Now to sit in worry while I wait for the new TV to come, hoping it's not going to have a messed up panel.

shawsyooo

Standard Member
I've got my U8B arriving on Thursday, so if anyone has questions I'll be happy to (try and) help.
I was very close to buying this TV as I need to go for a 65 inch as the room is too big for the current 55 inch Sony x8509c. I do love the sonys picture but it's too small and the android system is to buggy. Can you tell me is there any dirty screen effect on the pitch of a football match during panning? I almost bought the LG b8 oled last night but the reflection of the glossy screen put me off and it's £600 dearer.

Ruffuz

I was very close to buying this TV as I need to go for a 65 inch as the room is too big for the current 55 inch Sony x8509c. I do love the sonys picture but it's too small and the android system is to buggy. Can you tell me is there any dirty screen effect on the pitch of a football match during panning? I almost bought the LG b8 oled last night but the reflection of the glossy screen put me off and it's £600 dearer.
Every brand suffer from DSE and it's really a panel lottery!

Indrid

Novice Member
I was in your position; looking hard at the U8B and wondering if the B8 was worth the extra £600 @ 65". I went for the B8 in the end and am very happy, coming from a bottom line 2014 Panasonic the difference is huge. I didn't want to get the U8B and regret not getting an OLED at such a great price, and living with the somewhat basic local dimming of the U8B.

shawsyooo

Standard Member
I was in your position; looking hard at the U8B and wondering if the B8 was worth the extra £600 @ 65". I went for the B8 in the end and am very happy, coming from a bottom line 2014 Panasonic the difference is huge. I didn't want to get the U8B and regret not getting an OLED at such a great price, and living with the somewhat basic local dimming of the U8B.
Totally agree. I bought the 65 inch b8 tonight myself and it is absolutely beautiful. The picture is superb especially at night and the screen reflection I was worried about is fine in a normal living room. I'm glad I spent the extra knowing you got a top notch TV and not having to gamble.

Really looking forward to hearing peoples experiences with the U8B as its my current top contender for what to buy as the U7A is sold out everywhere now.

E Shaw

Novice Member
Same here I was looking at the U7B but now (funds permitting) I am leaning more towards the U8B

Specifically on how it handles the upscaling of HD TV broadcasts

Last edited:

lupin777

I am undecided to buy this TV .. it has very few reviews and seems to have been little purchased compared to last year's u7a

surprised how few places are selling it even as its the supposed top of the range ULED. All I can ever find is the U7B. i want a 120hz panel though with better nits :(.

lupin777

i have bought this tv...it's great!!! surprised for the excellent quality...have you found correct settings?