Any info on AOC L32W581B?

Discussion in 'LCD & LED LCD TVs Forum' started by pault2007, May 4, 2007.

Tags:
  1. pault2007

pault2007

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,387
  2. yoyojazz

yoyojazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have posted a review on the site itself.
    Its amazing and I love it.

There was a bit of shawdowing on the xbox 360 but was fixed by changing the display settings or changing to pip pap and then normal. I think this is a connection issue and not a hdtv issue.

I am over the moon with it ps3 looks out of this world so do blu-ray movies.

3. sorrera

sorrera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    AOC makes LCD TV for Sony and Philips so I guess if you rate their lower spec models, this one should be ok. I have a similar AOC model one and it broke within 2 hours, however these things do happen occassionally.

4. yoyojazz

yoyojazz

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    2 hours that terrible. I am really sorry to hear about it . Did you change it and get a new one?

5. sorrera

sorrera

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    still waiting for AOC to get more in stock.

6. edent

edent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    I'm getting one delivered on Saturday - I'll let you know what it's like.

7. edent

edent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    Wow!

First off, Intekx are amazing. They answered all my questions promptly and can't be faulted on price, customer service and delivery.
    http://www.intekx.com/product_info.php?cPath=17&products_id=141
    They didn't include a UK plug in the box, which is a shame. More and more companies are doing this. You can either buy an adapter or use a standard PC kettle lead.

The TV is big. Bigger than I was expecting. I didn't think the jump from 28 to 32 would be so large.

Connectors:
    Oddly, it has two aerial sockets - one for analogue and one for digital. I only used the DTV one.
    There're two scarts, 1 Component, 1 HDMI, 1 VGA, 1 svideo and a PCMCIA slot if you want TopUp TV stuff.

Set up was very quick, it found all the FreeView channels - I do live in an area with good signal, though. Interactive services (press red) worked fine - a little slow, perhaps.

The sound is more than adequate for a TV. It does have two phono out sockets so you can connect it to a surround sound receiver.

A few niggles (after a few hours with it)...
    1) It doesn't seem to auto switch between inputs.
    2) The input select menu could be better organised
    3) The FreeView guide takes a few presses to get to.
    4) The component input didn't auto switch to 16/9 and you have to go through a few zoom options to get what you need.

Picture quality. To start with, awful. Like most TVs, the factory defaults are horrible. Far to sharp and bright. There are a few different picture modes which you are unable to alter and a "personal" mode with which you can fiddle. What's great is that the personal mode is unique to each input. You can have your Scart with one setting and the DTT to another.

The set comes with PIP and PAP - which means you can split screen your viewing. This is what I did for basic calibration.

First off, two uncalibrated shots. On the left is a FreeView box being fed to the TV by RGB scart. On the right in the internal DTV
    [​IMG][​IMG]

After some basic tweaking the picture becomes a lot more acceptable.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

(Images taken at 5MP on a Nokia N95 and scaled down for the board.)

Over all, a great TV, minor usability faults coupled with a confusing remote control let it down a bit. But, for a shade under £400 inc delivery, it's hard to be too harsh on the set!

If you have any more questions, let me know.

8. Bicko

Bicko
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Hi Terryeden,

Thanks for your detailed review. I bought one of these last week, it's my first LCD and agree with you about the overbright picture. Would you mind sharing your new settings, please?

Also, is it normal to have separate UHF sockets for analogue and digital? It's going to be a bit of a nuisance.

Aside from the above, I too am happy with this TV and the excellent service from Intekx; I asked them to open the box and check the mains cable before it was shipped. They said it was policy to not open boxes but would send me a three-pin cable anyway, just in case. Good service that, especially when I did indeed find a two pin cable in the box with the TV.

Cheers,
    Bicko

9. bvilleuk

bvilleuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    :hiya:
    How are you finding the TV now it's "settled in" ??!! What's the sound like - does it have 2 phonos for sound out?? Be most interested in your comments - think this could be the TV for me!! [Thanks also for the tip re. the mains lead] Cheers

10. edent

edent

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +18
    There are two phonos - left and right :)

I think the TV is great - with only two small flaws.
    1) The top right corner is slightly brighter than the others - only noticeable when the screen goes blank
    2) The colour on the FreeView picture is slightly odd... on some channels, the colours are shifted about 5mm to the right. Very noticeable on the reds.

Like I say, very minor quibbles for such a good price.

11. bvilleuk

bvilleuk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6
    Cheers for that.... very minor irritations compared with some you hear about on here :)

Glad to hear your happy with it :smashin: - and may that continue !!

All the very best

==========================================
    THIS IS A TRUE STORY.........
    ONLY THE FACTS HAVE BEEN MADE UP.....
    ==========================================