Any Ideas?

Columbia11

Standard Member
ntl byp2100 bypass made by technetix ,fits on back of samsung ntl digi box
THIS IS BRAND NEW STILL IN PACKET WILL FIT 2110 MODEL BOX AS WELL.

My brother pointed this out to me on ebay and said that it allows you to record 1 channel and watch another on the old style NTL/Virgin boxes. If this is true can you get them for PACE 4001.

Thanks in advance.

Gary

Ernie_C

....but I doubt it is legal to use such equipment as the original STB does not belong to you and you are altering it.

m.stephens

Having done a little research, all these boxes seem to do is the same as putting a splitter in front of the STB. They don't give you the ability to watch different digital channels to what is selected on the STB - all they do is allow you to access the basic channels 1 - 5 + BBC News 24 + QVC which are carried as unencrypted analogue on VM cable. I assume these will disappear around the time terrestrial analogue is switched off - or once there are no VM analogue subscribers left.

Frankly you would be better off sorting out your terrestrial aerial and buying a Freeview STB. The only real benefit is that cable also carries a selection of FM radio channels which you can get by plugging your FM stereon into it. Then again, you could just as easily listen using your cable STB or using Freeview.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Samsung HW-Q800A Soundbar & Rotel Michi X3 Reviews + TV show and Movie News & Reviews
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom