1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any ideas...?

Discussion in 'Camcorders, Action Cams & Video Editing Forum' started by shoehorn, Jun 28, 2002.

1. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got a Sony PC100E and have enjoyed many hours of filming and taking thousands of pictures on the memory stick - so much so that I've just bought a 128Meg stick - this holds around 200 pictures making it great for holidays, etc.
    So having spent the last week in the sun :cool: - I've just filled it (over 215 pictures) and downloaded the pics. to my PC via the serial port adapter.
    However I've run into a problem.... and wondered if anyone had any ideas....?? :confused:

The problem is that the first 100 or so pictures downloaded perfectly - the rest of them didn't download.... although the data is there as I can view all the pictures on the camera itself.
    I have been able to get the pictures by capturing them to tape and then 're-photographing' them to a different Memory Stick and loading this to my PC - but these are in the smaller size and I really wanted the original large ones..... :rolleyes:
    I'm using Sony's PictureGear Lite 3.2 to get them onto my PC and haven't had these problems with other Memory Sticks - although they are 32Meg (as opposed to 128)
    Any ideas aprreciated....
    Thanks,
    Jonathan.

2. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    I'm assuming you're using USB?

It could well be a too larger a file download for direct cam USB to pc USB bug that I have read about and experienced.

I would buy a card reader,£25,I had to.I've tried both SM and SD and they are faultless,having different drivers,or whatever causes these probs.

You save your cam batteries in the process and don't have to keep hooking the cam upto the pc everytime.

3. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've actually been using the Serial port adaptor - it takes a long time to download the pictures that's for sure....
    Might go for a card - but I don't want to buy one and find that doesn't work either......
    Thanks for the idea though......

4. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    Has your comp got USB,it's miles quicker?

5. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    It does - but I've not got the USB adaptor for the Memory Stick....
    Any ideas of cheap ones....?

6. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    So,your cam hasn't got direct USB output then?

If it hasn't try www.7dayshop.co.uk for MS.

7. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  8. Wayne Moule

Wayne Moule

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +32
    That is a bargain.

9. shoehorn

shoehorn

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go get one then - I simply unplugged my old re-writer and plugged this one in (I read the instructions first mind you...)
    The Memory Stick slot is recognised as another drive (I've even assigned it the letter M )
    Now it simply acts as another drive - so I can copy any file/data onto a memory stick...!!!!
    Got to be the best £40 I've spent (well almost...;))