Any ideas?

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by paiger, Feb 5, 2002.

1. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a Sony Sky box connected to a Sony 940 via optical cable. I listen to the radio a lot which I have in 2 channel mode but when I am watching TV I like it in DPL mode. Is there anyway of getting it to automatically switch as the Auto detect does not work on non digital signals. It's not much bother to change but I always end up watching TV in stereo.

S

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Unless you can teach the Sony to remember the default decoding format (in this case DPL) for each input I am afraid not.

3. Doubledoom

Doubledoom

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Use a pronto (or other learning macro remote control)

When you press the button to select radio, also get it to change the amp to the desired mode. When you press the button for tv, get it to change it back.

4. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry guys, I didn't make myself clear. I listen to the radio on my Sky digibox through the optical out in to the amps TV/SAT input. This means it's the same input that I have TV audio on. I watch TV in DPL mode but don't want radio in the same. I know I could plug the phonos in a different input and set that to 2 channel but it's just the same as flipping the TV/SAT channel to 2 channel. All I want to do is change the channel on the box between radio and TV stations and have the amp respond accordingly. Impossible I guess until they start doing more 5.1, even then I guess most old stuff would still be DPL.

Oh well.

S

5. Spencem

Spencem

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9
    As Doubledoom said get your self a Pronto, then you can have buttons for the radio chanels that you listen to (including their logos) that not only send the numbers to the Sky box but also send the mode change to the Amp. Then you can do the same for TV stations.

6. paiger

paiger

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ah right, didn't realise such a thing existed. Will check it out. Cheers.