1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'TVs' started by soni, Jan 23, 2005.

1. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Can any Tosh DLP owners with Telewest explain the following please?

Whilst watching Telewest via RGB Scart the picture looks Zoomed - like its been cropped or zoomed in!

On DVD everything looks fantastic which made me think it was a setting on the receiver, but the only picture setting i can find on the receiver is the widescreen/lettbox/14:1 (or whatever its called) and the RGB picture setting.

I had exactly the same receiver linked up to my previous Tosh 28" 100hz that the new DLP has replaced, and never had a problem like that, which has confused me and made me think it could be a setting on the TV, but again not many settings on the TV that could be causing it. Any ideas anyone?

2. GID

GID
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I noticed the same thing a day after getting the Tosh, the ITV3 logo was off screen.
    I changed the telewest box output to 4:3 and back again and it now looks like a normal widescreen picture.

BTW Im really impressed with the Tosh, did have aN Optoma but sent it back because of the R1 judder. I think the picture on the Tosh is better, just got to get my HTPC connected now.

3. soni

soni
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    Yeah thanks GID, i'll give that a try and let you know what happens - as thats something i havn't changed yet - i just looked at the setting.

I also am VERY pleased with the Tosh, i've watched a lot of DVD's and they've all really looked great - especially the scenes in Spiderman 2 (night scenes and falling) and also the scene in Garfield when he falls off the roof - it really makes you feel like YOUR actually falling!

A GREAT TV!

4. wizbongre

wizbongre

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +63
    Just for interest, my parents have a relatively old bog-standard Sony 21" CRT with a Telewest box and they have the same problem. Its always annoyed the hell out of me but they don't seem to notice!

Can only imagine it would be even more annoying on a 46" screen :thumbsdow