• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

any ideas please

Pinkinvader

Established Member
Sounds stupid but I need to find a way of suspending my electric screen away from the ceiling. I have thought of a wooden structure but it will look a bit crap. Any help/suggestions would be great.

Cheers

Pinkinvader

Established Member
I have a ceiling that starts from a standard height and goes up diagonally up to the height of the roof. I have currently got the screen the correct distance from the projector but this is still about 600mm above standard ceiling height. This means I have to have the projector very low on a shelf (which has no image shift) and tilt it correcting the image using keystone.
I would like to mount the projector high upside down but the screen would need to drop more. It can't look naff as the missus would shoot me

CableGuy

Prominent Member
Hi pink. Do you have any pics of the screen location?

grims dale

Prominent Member
You could use slotted channel it comes in 3 meter lengths cut to size screw it to the ceiling the you can get a length of thread studing cut that to your length then attache one end to the channel on the ceiling and other end to your screen
IMAG0072.jpg
IMAG0071.jpg

CableGuy

Prominent Member
Hi pink.
It's not the same pitch but I had a sloped ceiling and boxed in, as below:
ImageUploadedByAVForums1448310504.365248.jpg

Once finished it blends in like this:
ImageUploadedByAVForums1448310577.605078.jpg

Hope this helps. :)

Pinkinvader

Established Member
That looks great, I had thought of doing that but it's so far away from the wall that I would have to box a lot of ceiling which I don't think the missus would go for

The latest video from AVForums

Is 8K TV dead? Philips OLED+907, Pioneer LX505 AVR plus B&W 700 S3 Reviews & Visit + AV/HiFi News
Subscribe to our YouTube channel

Full fat HDMI teeshirts

Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom