Any ideas please?LG42ln575v 2013 Smart tv

Discussion in 'General TV Discussions Forum' started by shep64, Jul 1, 2013.

1. shep64

shep64
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've bought an LG 42ln575v 2013 Smart t.v. but have got a really annoying problem.When I try to access the LG Smartworld it tries to load then I get a 404 error,'server disconnected,try again later' message. This happens all the time.
    Any other thing works fine,You tube,Netflix etc. I have the latest firmware and have tried connecting using an Ethernet cable direct to the router.
    Tried LG support but they advised me it was a poor upload speed causing the problem?If Netflix works fine are they fobbing me off? Any suggestions would be great.Thanks in advance.
    p.s. Download speed checked at 4mb/s and upload 0.35mb/s

Last edited: Oct 6, 2013
  2. next010

next010
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2,138
    LG support clearly fobbing you off, the 404 error means the website is online but missing the item that was requested, the portal LG is use is basically a mix of web technologies so it stands to reason that whatever webpage the smartworld points to on the server is incorrect.

Youtube/Netflix are fine as they dont use LG servers so clearly LG are at fault. There is not much you can do really, you could try posting in the LG specific forum and if anyone from LG monitors it they might take a look but thats about it.

3. shep64

shep64
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply next010,got on to LG yesterday,must admit they were very helpful,even got a tv of same model at other end to check my LG account was working o.k. to access apps.They admitted they had never seen this problem before and have suggested it MAY be either a home router setting or my upload speed.Going to 'borrow' a mates BT infinity line next week so will see what happens.Will keep you posted.

4. shep64

shep64
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Problem resolved.Borrowed a mates spare router (TP-Link) and everything is fine.
    Put my Netgear router back and same problem.Obviously a setting on router but can't find it.Looks like the 'spare' is now mine after a few beers!!!

5. Ra99

Ra99
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I just came across exactly the same issue with a LG27MS73V bought today. After several hours mucking about with the tv settings I came across this post so thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

Eventually tried setting the TV's IP address and DNS server IP to manual and got it working. Put IP address back to auto (with DNS server set to manual) and still working.

Looks like the TV (specifically some areas of LG Smart World) has issues with using the inbuilt DNS server on Netgear devices (I've come across this with my PS3 previously as well now that I think of it...)

Cheers

Last edited: Sep 3, 2013
  6. shep64

shep64
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Glad to be some help Ra99.Just an update,since I posted about the router, an update has been issued by Netgear and after doing it(takes a bit of time),the Netgear router works fine with t.v. and all apps.Also try downloading Netgear Genie to a laptop,it's good to monitor any device to your network and makes things easier to update.:smashin:

7. craigelsx

craigelsx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi lads im having the same problem same error 404 any suggestions as what I need to do to my netopia router to fix it

8. shep64

shep64
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello mate,not sure of that particular make but can only suggest you update the router drivers as I did or try and borrow another make of router to prove.Failing that,i know it's a pain but could you take the t.v.to a friends and try on their wireless network?Probably not been much help but I know how you feel,very frustrated that you can't use the t.v to full potential.But to be honest,at the moment I think most of the apps available are a bit poor.
    But I do recommend the LG download for your smartphone which allows you to use the touchscreen almost as a magic remote,no access to Smartworld required.

9. craigelsx

craigelsx
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Ok will do thanks for the reply

10. Freddo1212

Freddo1212
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Same problem here. Followed advice and updated firmware on Netgear modem/router and now all problems with Smart World have gone. Thanks.