Any ideas on a 40" or 42" 3DTV for under £1000??

02browncraig

Standard Member
Reaction score
Well the thread title basically says it all.

So im hoping somebody could give me some good ideas on a 3DTV under £1000 but it has to be either 40" or 42" because I almost bought a perfect looking Samsung 50" package but realised it would be way too big.

Also im just wondering if anyone could help me, as I thought I would have to buy a compatible 3D blu-ray player but then realised I have a PS3 so would this be able to play 3D blu-rays?

Thanks for any help given, it is very much appreciated.

panasonic P42GT20, £961 at amazon, includes tv, player, glasses and send of offer for avatar.

you can use ps3 instead of included player. its OOS though until jan. mine is on order, but reviews look good. also has built in freesat / view, and internet tv.

panasonic P42GT20, £961 at amazon, includes tv, player, glasses and send of offer for avatar.

you can use ps3 instead of included player. its OOS though until jan. mine is on order, but reviews look good. also has built in freesat / view, and internet tv.

Can see that TV on Amazon for £961 but does not say anything about free glasses or bluray player with it.

You got a link?

— As an Amazon Associate, AVForums earns from qualifying purchases —
Well the thread title basically says it all.

So im hoping somebody could give me some good ideas on a 3DTV under £1000 but it has to be either 40" or 42" because I almost bought a perfect looking Samsung 50" package but realised it would be way too big.

Also im just wondering if anyone could help me, as I thought I would have to buy a compatible 3D blu-ray player but then realised I have a PS3 so would this be able to play 3D blu-rays?

Thanks for any help given, it is very much appreciated.

Hi dixons have a lg lx426900 for £839 its £1099 at comet. thinking about getting one of these myself. chris.

Hi dixons have a lg lx426900 for £839 its £1099 at comet. thinking about getting one of these myself. chris.

was about to suggest the budget samsungc750 for £750 at richer sounds, as Im after one myself...but... this LG looks very tempting:)

Can anyone please clarify the "3D ready" situation?

Is it like HD Ready - ie Not very good?

Im going to get a 3D TV in the new year but for once in my life im going to be patient and do a bit of research before rushing to buy (it will be my third TV in 2 yrs - currently own 2 nice Bravias - the first was too small at 32" and ive never been fully happy with the 40" one I got, the sound doesnt quite seem good enough in comparison plus obviously its not 3D hence looking at a third TV)

They all get used so none have gone to waste, but I really cant justify another TV after this so have to get it right.

Can anyone please clarify the "3D ready" situation?

Is it like HD Ready - ie Not very good?

I'm not convinced that the term is being used uniformly but it usually seems to suggest that the TV doesn't come with 3D glasses out of the box.

I'm not convinced that the term is being used uniformly but it usually seems to suggest that the TV doesn't come with 3D glasses out of the box.

I think it means you need to buy the 3d ir sensor bar and glasses to get 3d

Hi it does say that glasses are included in all the ones I have read about. chris

This offer has now finished, worse they cancelled my player as they can't get anymore - no one else has this problem! Cancelled player but still want to charge me same price for just tv and glasses, so looks like i'll be cancelling and back in the hunt for this tv!

Thanks for all your replies and advice. I was set on one of the cheap Samsung 40" versions but then heard of clouding issues.

At the moment its between the PANASONIC TX-P42GT20B package for £1,079.99 at Comet:

Package: PANASONIC TX-P42GT20B

Or the more expensive Sony KDL40NX713U package at Comet for £1,448,98 then with £215.81 back:

Package: SONY KDL40NX713U

The Panasonic TXP42GT20 is on offer at present with an array of 3D equipment included through Authorised Panasonic Dealers.

You'll have to check with your local Dealer on pricing as they are not available as a mail order product with all the extras.

What you get is
Panasonic TXP42GT20,
Panasonic DMP-BDT100,
two pairs of 3D eyewear,
Five Year Manufacturers TV Warranty,
Four 3D Movies.

Regards. Shane.

I thought I'd bring this thread back to life instead of posting a brand new thread as I am in need of help too in buying a 3DTV.

I'm looking for a 40" 3DTV, now my choice at the moment which I currently have on order is the Sony KDL-40HX803.

It's on order as the Sony Centre store is due a small amount of stock of their 3D Starter Kits in the 2nd Week of January and it makes it worth while buying the TV with the Start Kit.

The Package is £1100 and includes:

Sony KDL-40HX803
5 Year Sony Warranty
Sony BDP-S470 BluRay Player
2 Pairs of TDG-BR100B 3D Active Shutter Glasses
Sony TMR-BR100 3D Transmitter
5 3D BluRay Movies

The TV is £849.99 and the 3D Start Kit is half price at £250.

I demo'd the set in the Sony Centre and was blown away with the demo's of 3D Gaming, Football and Movies.

So I have 2 weeks to look around for a better deal or a better TV for the money.

Any suggestions from all here would be much appreciated.

I have the Samsung LE40C750, and am really pleased with it.The limited 3D stuff I've watched has been great, but the HD picture on SKy, and especially Blu-Ray is stunning.

I don't think this is right.

On the box my TV said "3D ready" but included glasses :)

I think 3D Ready means that the 3D sensor is built into the TV, and it can play 3D straight away, whereas some sets like the sony one are 3D compatible, and not 3D Ready as you have to buy a seperate sensor.

I think 3D Ready means that the 3D sensor is built into the TV, and it can play 3D straight away, whereas some sets like the sony one are 3D compatible, and not 3D Ready as you have to buy a seperate sensor.

Yeah it seems that setups like Sony and Philps that use a separate 3D transmitter to speak to the glasses / make more cash are sometimes referred to as '3D capable'. I understand the term '3D ready' is to stop people from thinking that with a 3D tv everything then becomes 3D on it, and realise they need 3D sources and source material.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom