Any ideas for a 50" to 60" TV?

Discussion in 'Home Cinema Buying & Building' started by George Sinanis, Jun 27, 2015.

1. George Sinanis

George Sinanis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Hello dear AVForums fellows,

My Samsung 60" plasma telly is about to "die" although it is just 1.5 yrs and after it had a screen change by Samsung 8 months ago! Now I'm told that I need to contact an official repair centre and pay for the repair! Really?

Anyway, I'm looking to buy a new telly 50" to 60". I always had a plasma TV since the flat tellys came in the market as, the picture was always superior - for me - over the LCDs. I always hated the artificial motion of LCDs.

The telly is mainly going to be used for V. Media viewings as, for movies I'll be using my pj.

It needs to be mounted on the wall and it needs to be good in HD picture. Sound wise I don't mind at all.

Any ideas will be highly appreciated due to the fact there are so many models out there, haven't followed the new era in tv's (OLED, 4K, UHD etc.) and I trust more the people/ users than retailers and magazine reviews.

Budget? I would love if I could find something below £1,000.

2. George Sinanis

George Sinanis

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +172
    Just realised that I should had opened this thread in TVs and PJ forum.
    Is there anyway to move it there please?

3. Joe Fernand

Joe Fernand
    Distinguished Member AVForums Sponsor

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,569
    If the TV is only 18 months old it is still within the Manufacturers Warranty period plus keep in mind your contract is with the Retailer and hopefully you purchased using a Credit Card as now the CC Co. are in the Mix to.

Go back to the Supplier and tell them to get it sorted/replaced at no cost to you and get your CC supplier involved if you can.

Joe